$1911

was donated
Diffrence by botsy_turqoise 12 years ago

What's the diffrence between DMC and Anchor strings ?I mean. They're soo expensive.

RE: Diffrence by botsy_turqoise 12 years ago

Oh.Sorry.I think I'm in the "others". Sorry.

RE: Diffrence by ririttt 12 years ago

Anchor and DMC are a lot higher quality than the other brands that you can purchase for less. I use anchor and have used DMC and other brands. Therefore i find that other brand tend to snap more easily and both of my preferred brands are so soft making they are easier to knot with.

RE: Diffrence by ririttt 12 years ago

sorry i think i meant meaning in the last sentence :P

RE: Diffrence by Jeckle 12 years ago

Like ririttt said, they are higher quality. While trying to use up some cheap floss given to me, I have snapped a thread 10+ times in one bracelet; DMC has NEVER broken for me. I can pull as hard as I like, make knots and undo them a few times, and it still holds strong. Even though it is more expensive, I find it's worth it in eliminating the frustration of a broken string and the cost of inserting a new string in it's place.

RE: Diffrence by botsy_turqoise 12 years ago

Yeah :) I saw it now. I bought a lower quality floss and it brokes very often. And anyway.I buy "Puppets"floss and it's much cheaper than DMC and others and still newer brokes o.O

RE: Diffrence by sonudagr88 12 years ago

Anchor and DMC are a lot higher quality than the other brands that you can purchase for less. I use anchor and have used DMC and other brands. Therefore i find that other brand tend to snap more easily and both of my preferred brands are so soft making they are easier to knot with.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!