$1911

was donated
Backing for a bracelet. Any ideas? by ButterflyWings 12 years ago

I made a bracket that has a lot of mettalic thread involved. It looks really pretty but it's currently not wearable because the metallic thread is very scratchy and wearing the bracelet would be really painful. Like wearing sandpaper. So I thought I could attach something onto the back that is softer. Does anyone have any ideas of what to use or how to attach it? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

RE: Backing for a bracelet. Any ideas? by prpldrgnfr 12 years ago

You could try felt, cut to size, and it comes in lots of colors so you can coordinate. As far as attaching, either hot glue or sew it on with matching sewing thread through those little loop on the sides of the bracelet. Hope this helps.

RE: Backing for a bracelet. Any ideas? by ButterflyWings 12 years ago

Oh, that's a good idea, I just need to find felt...

RE: Backing for a bracelet. Any ideas? by LittleWolf 12 years ago

practically all hobby shops sell pretty cheap sheets of felt...

RE: Backing for a bracelet. Any ideas? by anthia 12 years ago

Is there a pic or pattern number so I can better help you with what would work best. I work with metallic string slot lately, so I know what you mean.

Its number 39172 and all the yellow is metallic string. Its very sandpaper-like.

okay if you dont have felt, try some ribbon, some thick ribbion that would be about the same width, and sew it on, that should keep it smooth, thats what i did :)

That's a good idea, thanks :)

No probably. Hun :) good luck!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!