$1911

was donated
RE: Marking photo's by meg14 12 years ago

I know, but if all of us add our own "signature" then I think that there shouldn't be a problem with people stealing photos from here on out. but then users on the site may not like that idea.

RE: Marking photo's by FatnSassy 12 years ago

I'm just saying that I'm content to add my username as my watermark to my own photos before I upload them. Sorry for the confusion :)

RE: Marking photo's by usr40717 12 years ago

Yep. People should definitely put their own little signature/symbol right by their bracelet. Not on it, so we can see the design, but so close to where even if somebody tries to crop it, you could still see part of your name. This is getting ridiculous. I'm kind of glad I don't have a camera right now so I can't upload photos!

RE: Marking photo's by RockePloeger 12 years ago

I tried google translate on the one page (the one in arabic) but I can't quite understand whether or not they are taking credit for them. They still shouldn't have the wording on the pics that aren't theirs though.

RE: Marking photo's by karxalc 12 years ago

sorry to say this but I think there's nothing we can do against it :/ even if we add our own watermarks I know people will put their own on the top or delete them with Photoshop if they're skilled.
or if this site had left-click disable people can make a print screen capture anyways...

well on a second thought...it'll protect us against lazy thieves lol :D which most of them are after all...methinks.

RE: Marking photo's by karxalc 12 years ago

RockePloeger, I think the forum thread it's a tutorial, not sure.
and they are taking credit because they added their web name to the photos. :/

RE: Marking photo's by Charmed_1 12 years ago

I'll be doing the same with my photo's from here on; I'll be putting my Username/name on my "own" photo's before uploaded to here. I happen to have a watermark program, but for those who don't, can either type or hand write it on a white paper and put your bracelet next to it when taking your pictures, that should work too. I know its a pain, but given that we have selfish people out there who can care less of there wrong doing, it's a good idea for now.

RE: Marking photo's by RockePloeger 12 years ago

@karxalc - I get what you mean about it being 'tutorial' like and like I said, they still shouldn't be putting their name on the photo I agree with you there.

It's hard though because even with it translated it is still hard to understand.

RE: Marking photo's by Charmed_1 12 years ago

I'll be doing the same with my photo's from here on; I'll be putting my Username/name on my "own" photo's before uploaded to here. I happen to have a watermark program, but for those who don't, can either type or hand write it on a white paper and put your bracelet next to it when taking your pictures, that should work too. I know its a pain, but given that we have selfish people out there who can care less of there wrong doing, it's a good idea for now.

RE: Marking photo's by FatnSassy 12 years ago

Yep...lazy thieves! XD And I believe that karxalc is correct...it looks like a tutorial to me, too, and they are definitely taking credit for the work by adding their own web name to the pics. I wonder who published the book they copied and uploaded to their page?

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!