$1936

was donated
RE: What type of string is best? by Joy 14 years ago

i just started to use crochet yarn i likeit much better then floss. but thats just my own opinion. everyone has different tastes of thread to use.

RE: What type of string is best? by undrground 14 years ago

I used the Egyptian cotton. Manufacture Gamma LTD. Taiwan. ^_^

RE: What type of string is best? by FireRose_Alto16 14 years ago

Embroidery floss is great (I get it from Michaels for really cheap), but yarn can be too. Yarn makes the bracelet wider so you don't end up with a really thin bracelet when using 6 threads. It really depends on your preference and style, and also how you want your bracelet to look. Also, to keet it from fraying, I just tie a tiny knot at the end of each thread, and so far it works great. Good luck!

RE: What type of string is best? by AmandaWasHere 14 years ago

I've been using embroidery floss (36 skeins for $3.99 at Michael's or 105 skeins for $14.99 at Michaels or 35 cents each skein at Michael's).

But, I recently bought some craft thread, which is used for the "kits" that little kids buy to make friendship bracelets, and I find that string much easier to use. If you want to buy each skein seperately, it will cost $1.49 per skein at Michael's, but it comes with about 3.5-4.5 more yards than embroidery floss. If you want to buy it in packages, it's the same price as embroidery floss.

But, really, it comes down to what you like. I would buy a couple skeins of embroidery floss, or craft thread, or whatever you like, and try it out with 1 or 2 bracelets, then decide what you like better.

RE: What type of string is best? by Cazza 14 years ago

when i was new to bracelet making, i bought DMC embroidery floss from joanns. the only problem is, i live in scotland, and i can only buy it when i go to America on holiday ! i wish i could get it here, but it is not sold here.

RE: What type of string is best? by shortone55 12 years ago

I like to use size 8 Perle crochet cotton. I find the colors more vibrant and it doesn't fray or come off your wrist as much.

RE: What type of string is best? by shortone55 12 years ago

@Cazza: you can probably buy it online somewhere.
Joann's has a website.

RE: What type of string is best? by Laretta 12 years ago

Usually Anchor embroidery floss but for designing new patterns I use a much cheaper brand (Puppets) which has a lot less colours ant not fadeless (the DMC and Anchor brands have almost 430 colors)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!