$1911

was donated
Help with bracelet buckle by pinkbyvs 14 years ago

I am so lost with the buckle. Is there a video on youtube or something to show a step by step on how to start a buckle for a bracelet. PLEASE help me. I'm beyond lost on the buckle.

RE: Help with bracelet buckle by wojo 14 years ago

i looked on youtube and didnt see anything but
have you check the learn page and if thats
what your lost on... this is how i do my bracelet
i either tie it on and leave it there or i do this:
when i tie the knot at the beginning of the bracelet
i make the tread twice as long as it should and bend it in half then i tie a knot at the top like normal i do the same
pattern like i would (only if there is an even number of strings per color otherwise i cant help you) anyway at the end i either tie a knot so it fits through the loop at the top then your done or if im running out of thread and dont have the bracelet long enough i put the strings in half and braid them tie a knot at the end of each and then, then tie them both together and make sure they fit through the loop hope this helps :) if not let me know

RE: Help with bracelet buckle by pinkbyvs 14 years ago

Thanks for responding! I see what you mean with a loop then knot so i can adjust it. I've done that with a lot of mine already. I'm just eager to know how to make that buckle. It looks nice and makes it easier to start the pattern.

your welcome and no problem

RE: Help with bracelet buckle by morgian_le_faye 14 years ago

The buckle uses a macrame square knot. If you go to Youtube and search Macreme Square Knot, you'll find many videos showing you how to make it. Happy Knotting!

ok i will try that way too
thanks

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!