$1911

was donated
Mirror Image by PaigeKristin 14 years ago

The pattern 1665 i have been trying to figure out for quite some time now. It is really hard for me to figure out the rest of the pattern, if someone could explain it or maybe add directions i would appreciate it.
Also their is a picture of the bracelet Annory made that was a mirror image of this design that i love but have no idea how to go about it.
Any tips?

RE: Mirror Image by K8e92 14 years ago

the mirror image part is what i wanted to know about too so if anyone has any info please share

RE: Mirror Image by Satyr 14 years ago

Follow the 1665 pattern as usual until you want to mirror it. In Annory's picture she turned it around when red was in the middle. Use this pattern to mirror it around red and then continue using the 1665 pattern, but in reverse.

https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/generator_page.php?r=12&f=GSSgOSSBRSSLLSSRBSSOgSSG&k=DDDDDDdddddd%0D%0ADDDDDDddddd%0D%0ADDDDDDdddddd%0D%0ADrDrDDDRDRD%0D%0AddddddDDDDDD%0D%0ARDRDRDrDrDr%0D%0ADDDDDDdddddd%0D%0ADrDrDDDRDRD%0D%0AddddddDDDDDD%0D%0AdDdDdDDDDDD%0D%0AddddddDDDDDD%0D%0ADRDRDDDrDrD

RE: Mirror Image by PaigeKristin 14 years ago

Thank you that was very helpful!
But about following the regular pattern, how do you go about continuing the pattern with the other colors, i cant figure it out. I understand this may be hard to explain.

Print the pattern and turn it upside down XD

Well seriously, it's like doing half the pattern, then doing it all over again except the other way. I don't think I can give you a more thorough explanation.

No, i completely understand what you are saying about the mirror image!

But for the regular pattern of 1665, the directions only show a few lines of the pattern and i am not sure how to continue the pattern the rest of the way. Do you understand what i am saying?

Thank you so much for you help

Aha. If you do exactly like the pattern says, you'll see green threads at both sides at the end of the pattern. Now, imagine they're the yellow threads you started with at the beginning and follow the same pattern. Do the same for each colour, e.g. green=yellow, yellow=orange, orange=red, red=purple.

As with all of these patterns that are symmetrical and change colour, you have to work your way through and get used to the technique. It's tough, but once you've tied a few bracelets and most importantly, made mistakes, you'll come through ^^

If you still don't get it (don't worry, I'm not upset), I could make a pattern (actually the same) that'll show you :P

Funny thing, i have been doing them for a while haha!
I do understand and i think i could figure it out but i will get very confused haha
If you wouldn't mind making the pattern i would soo very much appreciate it. But no hurry at all!

Would you be able to do that for me ? :)

This is as big a pattern I can make, hopefully you'll figure it out

#1665 (extended)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!