$1911

was donated
newsfeed suggestion by amber29 13 years ago

Hiya.

In the Patterns section, the patterns are listed in order of when they were generated, not when they are posted. This means that when a new pattern is posted it may not appear on the most recent pages in the Pattern section but be much further back. This makes it easy to miss some of the most recently posted pattern designs.

The newsfeed section is good cuz it does list patterns in order of most recently posted and tells you how long ago it was posted, but there are new comments etc mixed in too.

If the newsfeed section had the option of viewing a list of the newly posted patterns, with the new comments etc filtered out, it would be possible to see a pattern list in order of most recently posted. This would mean there is less chance of missing any of the brand new pattern designs :)

amber

RE: newsfeed suggestion by Rissa 13 years ago

I though about that, too.
One day I noticed a newly released pattern that had a much smaller number than the others released that day, I think the difference was several thousands, which happens if a pattern was created and saved in a profile, but not released in a while.

It always takes long enough to browse the newest ones which have been released the last few days, but if something like this happens some of the best patterns can easily be missed.

So if there was a newsfeed which would only cover the events we like, maybe one for forum entries, one for comments, one for patterns, it would be a lot easier not to miss something.

RE: newsfeed suggestion by amber29 13 years ago

I noticed in the Patterns section that it's possible to sort the patterns by

- Latest
- Views
- Photos
-Number of strings
-Number of colors
-Difficulty

Rather than sorting by the Latest if there were an option to sort by 'Date Posted' and another option to sort by 'Pattern no.', it would be possible to see the most recently posted patterns all in one place.

RE: newsfeed suggestion by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

You are both right. At the moment, there is only one timestamp saved, and it is the timestamp when the pattern was saved by the author. I could add a new timestamp to the patterns though, to save the time when they were posted. I will also add the sorting option to the pattern browser. Thank you for this feedback!

I'm also up to making a newsfeed browser. It will be like the pattern browser, but you can choose what newsfeed entries you want to see, like posted patterns, forum entries, comments, etc. What do you think of that?

RE: newsfeed suggestion by amber29 13 years ago

Thanks for responding to the suggestion. And the newsfeed browser sounds like a good idea too.

RE: newsfeed suggestion by hiphopper1014 13 years ago

is it me, or are the pictures on the newsfeed pages blurred now? Is this something on my end or is it on the website?? It's really bugging me. I can click on a blurred picture and then see it clearly but I can't just scroll through the newsfeed page and look at the pictures. Grrrr.....if anyone has answers for me it would be muchly appreciated! THANKS:)

RE: newsfeed suggestion by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

hiphopper, you are right. I've been working with optimization of the site the last weeks and that is a part of my quick fixes to make the site run faster.

The thing is that the images are compressed into smaller ones. I think I overdid it somehow so the images are compressed too much, hence blurry images. I'll make a note and see what I can do about it.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!