$1911

was donated
patter 2660 by stargirl13 14 years ago

can anybody post word for word directions on how to do patter 2660?
i cant get past the first line

RE: patter 2660 by iindierock 14 years ago

I know this post was three days ago: Are you still interested? If you are, I can type up instructions... I just don't want to waste time writing them up if you're no longer interested.
Thanks.

RE: patter 2660 by stargirl13 14 years ago

Oh that would be great!!
These bracelets that I make are going to be given away at a benefit concert in remembrance of a friend who lost her battle to cancer.
I would greatly appreciate the help!

Oh, no problem. It's for a great cause. I'll work on that now.

First of all, make sure you read this.
https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/learn.php

You should have 12 strings in total, 8 white and 4 red. Set them up in the same order the pattern shows.
(White, white, red, white, red, white, white, red, white, red, white, white)
Think horizontally, not vertically! Sorry for the length of the instructions but I'm trying to do them so you'll be able to follow them.

Row 1:
(All knots in this row should be white.)
Take the first string in and the second string in your hands. Both should be white strings. Make a backward knot.
Pick up the next two strings, which should be red and white. Make a backward knot. The white string should be going over and under the red string.
Do the same thing for the next two strings, which should be red and white, just like the knot before.
Take the next two strings and make a forward knot. The white string should go over and under the white string.
Do the same thing with the next two strings, which again should be white and red.
Take the two white strings and make a forward knot.

Row 2:
Put the first string aside as you will not be using it in this row.
Take the second and third strings and make a backward knot. The knot should be white.
Take the next two strings and make a backward knot. This knot should also be white.
Now, you’re going to have to make a backward/forward knot with the next two strings. Make half of a backward knot, and then half of a forward knot. The whole point of this knot is making sure that the strings stay in the same place.
Now you’re going to make a forward knot with the next two strings. The white string should go over the red string. This knot should be white.
Make another forward knot with the next two strings. The knot should white.
You won’t be doing anything with the last string, so just leave it.

Alright, the last two were really in-depth, so I’m going to make the rest of these nice and short.

Row 3:
Take the first and second strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the third and fourth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the fifth and sixth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the seventh and eighth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the ninth and tenth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the last two strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.

Row 4:
Put the first string aside.
Take the second and third strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the fourth and fifth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the sixth and seventh strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the eighth and ninth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the tenth and eleventh strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
The last string will not be used in this row.

Row 5:
Take the first and second strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the third and fourth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the fifth and sixth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the seventh and eighth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the ninth and tenth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.

Row 6:
Take the second and third strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the fourth and fifth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the sixth and seventh strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the eighth and ninth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the tenth and eleventh strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.

Row 7:
Take the first and second strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the third and fourth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the fifth and sixth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the seventh and eighth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the ninth and tenth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the last two strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.

Row 8:
Take the second and third strings and make a backward/forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the fourth and fifth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the sixth and seventh strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the eighth and ninth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the tenth and eleventh strings and make a forward/backward knot. This knot should be red.

Row 9:
Take the first and second strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the third and fourth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the fifth and sixth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the seventh and eighth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the ninth and tenth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the last two strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.

Row 10:
Take the second and third strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the fourth and fifth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the eighth and ninth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the tenth and eleventh strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.

Row 11:
Take the first and second strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the third and fourth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the fifth and sixth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the seventh and eighth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the ninth and tenth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.

Row 12:
Take the second and third strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the fourth and fifth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the sixth and seventh strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the eighth and ninth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the tenth and eleventh strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.

Row 13:
Take the first and second strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the third and fourth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the fifth and sixth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the ninth and tenth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.

Row 14:
Take the second and third strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the sixth and seventh strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.

Row 15:

Row 16:
Take the second and third strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the tenth and eleventh strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.

Row 17:
Take the first and second strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the last two strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be red.

Row 18:
Take the second and third strings and make a backward/forward knot. This knot should be red.
Take the fourth and fifth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the eighth and ninth strings and make a forward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the tenth and eleventh strings and make a forward/backward knot. This knot should be red.

Row 19:
Take the third and fourth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be white.

Row 20:
Take the second and third strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be white.
Take the fourth and fifth strings and make a backward knot. This knot should be white.

Then repeat! Wow. Good luck. I haven’t actually made this, so hopefully I explained this properly.

RE: patter 2660 by stargirl13 14 years ago

thank you so much, i will let you know when i get it finished and show you a picture :) i have to make quite a few of these lol but i enjoy it.. i'm trying to figure out another pattern to make for my bf so maybe i can do that too

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!