$1911

was donated
RE: I can't stick to one pattern. Help? by Shegorules 12 years ago

I do mine at school when I'm not reading or have nothing to do.

RE: I can't stick to one pattern. Help? by a_g_gilbert2017 12 years ago

@XcUiDi thats what i do. since i sell them, i dont want to loose a customer so i work faster. since i dont allow myself to start another when i havent finished one, if i get bored i tell myself that the faster i get this one done, the faster i can start another one

RE: I can't stick to one pattern. Help? by Kislobog 11 years ago

i normally have several bracelets in progress. if i get bored with one, i simply switch to another. and keep all unfinished ones visible as i only start a bracelet if i like the pattern. when at some point i accidently glance at it, i feel i wanna finish it asap. sometimes there are weeks and months between the start & the end. several days ago i finished one i started in winter, in february i guess.
and also, when i go travelling i tend to take some unfinished ones on the plane so that i dont have to choose a pettern, cut strings & organize them in the correct order on the plane. i just land on a seat, take out my clipboard & start tying. another reason is that they don't allow any scissors onboard, so it would be rather hard to cut the strings even i wanted to :)

RE: I can't stick to one pattern. Help? by Unbelieber 11 years ago

Here's my collection of unfinished bracelets. It's huge, I know. D: I just get bored with having to do the same lines over and over for a pattern. It's worse with alphas. I'm working on it though haha. :)

RE: I can't stick to one pattern. Help? by lefayof2day 11 years ago

I know the feeling. I have at least 10 if not 20 unfinished bracelets. But i do plan on finishing them. It's more that I get frustrated or my eyes/back/hands start to hurt. I sometimes go back to other patterns when I need something to pass the time. And I always watch something while knotting...I'm watching The X-Files right now...^-^

RE: I can't stick to one pattern. Help? by NaNaNaNaNaNaNa 11 years ago

Music and boredom motivates me ^^

RE: I can't stick to one pattern. Help? by karxalc 11 years ago

wow that's a big collection Unbelieber!
I used to have the same problem but I wasn't making new bracelets for a while except the ones I sold, just until now I started knotting new patterns XD I think I have 2 or 3 unfinished bracelet from last year but I don't like them so I won't finish them :P

what I do is watch tv series, listen to music, talk to family/friends or just relax while knotting!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!