$1911

was donated
Pattern suitable for a Ring by go_blue16 13 years ago

Hey...I've been wantig to make a ring(like a ring to wear on your finger)using thread...I've been browsing the patterns here but I really cannot find a pattern that is suitable for a ring. Any suggestions?

RE: Pattern suitable for a Ring by ConfessorKahlan 13 years ago

Try this video:
http://www.chicaandjo.com/2010/07/19/macrame-friendship-bracelet/

It's very helpful, and I find that it works great with the floss for friendship bracelets. You can pull tighter to make it smaller. Also, you can make it two colors. Say you're tying with a blue string and a red one. On one side, the edges will be blue and the inside will be red. On the other side it will be opposite, if that makes sense.

RE: Pattern suitable for a Ring by go_blue16 13 years ago

Hey, I checked out the link and it really seems pretty cool. When I posted this thread I was looking for friendship bracelet patterns, not macrame...but I learned something new with that link you posted. I might just possibly try it...thanks!

RE: Pattern suitable for a Ring by ConfessorKahlan 13 years ago

Ah, I see. Well, If I find any good friendship bracelet patterns small enough I'll let you know. If you want a thin one, the best thing to do would be to use the advances search in the Patterns to choose the number of strings.

In fact, I was actually searching for a thick bracelet pattern with a lot of strings...but thanks anyway for your help!

RE: Pattern suitable for a Ring by craftaddict 13 years ago

So you are going to do the pattern using thin string instead of floss or something?

@ craftaddict: nope, I was planning on using ordinary floss...

I just randomly came across pattern #7588. I think it would be cool as a ring.

yeah, i saw that one before and was seriously considering it....i want those intricate type patterns for a ring, if u get what i mean....

Some other ones I thought might be good for a ring were: 896, 2072, 2326, 2707, 10740

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!