$1911

was donated
Help with Generator, please :) by SeaShel 13 years ago

I can't figure out how to use the either of the Generators! I get the concept of changing colors, rows, and such but how do you know what kind of knot to use to get the pattern/picture you want? I want to make a normal pattern of a pink bird but I don't understand how you figure out what starting order the colors should be or which knots to use to direct the strands so the end up looking like a picture, not just a zig zag or line design. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm soooooo frustrated.

RE: Help with Generator, please :) by Lovemenot 13 years ago

As far as I can tell, it is a lot of practicing, and trial and error in the beginning. I personally find that generator 2.0 is a lot easier to use.

I wish you tons of luck, and hope someone comes along who can give you a bit more direction.

RE: Help with Generator, please :) by SeaShel 13 years ago

Thank you. I agree it's a lot of trial and error and error and error... :)

RE: Help with Generator, please :) by Lovemenot 13 years ago

It definitely is, lol. I myself and going through a lot of trial and errors, and errors, and errors. :P
Every now and then I'll end up with something nifty, but I am still unable to go in there with a plan and make it happen. If we just keep practicing, eventually we will master it.

If you don't want to wait however, you can make a request for the pattern, in the wish patterns section and someone will most likely be able to make it for you. :)

And also, I just did a quick search for 'bird' and I came up with 35 normal patterns. There may be one you like there, just change the colors to the ones you want.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!