$1911

was donated
Starting & Finishing a Bracelet by pinkfreak 14 years ago

i am trying to put my bracelets on the market so am lookin for an easy way to finish a bracelet in a way so that the buyer cud change the size of the bracelets accourding to their desire .. does anyone knw wut am talkin about ?

RE: Starting & Finishing a Bracelet by karxalc 14 years ago

mmm something like this http://www.rubysbeadwork.com/SlidingKnots.html
I've buy bracelets and necklace with that knot

RE: Starting & Finishing a Bracelet by pinkfreak 14 years ago

Thx for ur reply but i dun get it how do u make this in a bracelet and cant it dismantle with use. Do u have any other idea for it or mayb any sites i cud search in ?

RE: Starting & Finishing a Bracelet by IPF 14 years ago

I always make two series: one for kids, and one for adults. For the kids: all bracelets are about 10 to 12 cm; for the adults 15 to 16 cm. And then I make the braids at the end approximately 8 cm, that way they will fit small and large wrists.

How does this braids thng work i heard abut it alot but dont get it whenever i make a bracelet for myself i make a loop at the begining and then put a botton when i finish the bracelet

RE: Starting & Finishing a Bracelet by IPF 14 years ago

There are several ways to finish a bracelet. The loop and button; the macrame loop and ending (check "step-by -step" or "other stuff" in the menu bar above); and a very simple one like the loop and the beginning and two braids at the bottom.
So when you have the desired length for your bracelet, make sure there's enough thread left. Divide the threads in half and make two braids that you can end with a knot.
It doesn't matter if you have a weird number of threads, like for example 8... divide those in 3 / 3 / 2 and you can still make nice braids. :-)
To clsoe the bracelet, all you need to do is put one braid through the loop and then tie it with the second braid.

thank you sooo much i'll try this out now

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!