$1911

was donated
I'm New and Have no clue how to make most of these bracelets! help! by KrazyKreating 13 years ago

Hey Y'all.
As I said I'm new and I absolutely love all the bracelets patterns you all have made! The only problem is some of them don't have good instructions....Which level of difficulty should I start out with? Under 2.00? Any hints would be highly appreciated too!!!
Thank you bunches!
~K

RE: I'm New and Have no clue how to make most of these bracelets! help! by braceletmaka785 13 years ago

this is what i did, i started with the very first pattern [ordered by difficulty] and then went on from there. it makes everything SO much easier and you get a hang of it. i think that would be best for you!
good luck!
have fun knotting!

RE: I'm New and Have no clue how to make most of these bracelets! help! by Starrylight 13 years ago

Another way is to order them by number of strings (rather than difficulty).

RE: I'm New and Have no clue how to make most of these bracelets! help! by braceletmaka785 13 years ago

yes that IS also a good idea ; that is another way of rating by difficulty [in a way]

RE: I'm New and Have no clue how to make most of these bracelets! help! by Deutschland 13 years ago

hi
im not here for a very long time but i started making 5 bracelets with 8 - 10 strings and after that i have making a 42 strings bracelet and its prety good. I think if you know the knots you can make all the bracelet . for me it dont matter what level of dificulty has the bracelet

RE: I'm New and Have no clue how to make most of these bracelets! help! by Rissa 13 years ago

As an experienced knotter for standard patterns I'd suggest the following for beginners:

1. Start with the "candystripe" (#1). It's a goof base for beginners to practice the FK
2. Make a mirrored "candystripe" to practice the BK.
3. Try the chevron (#2). It combines both knots and is a base for many patterns.

Then I'd go on with patterns which only use FK and BK, but not yet the other two knots.
Examples are any of the "woven" patterns (#3997, #4037, #4041, #5142....), the "multiple chevron" (#3994) or patterns based on stripes (#118, #1578; I'd also suggest #3411, but the pattern has some mistakes). #1725 is also without the combined knots. And you can also make the very beautiful puzzle pattern (#4987) with just these two knots!

After making some bracelets with just these two knots I'd go on with the other two, #3 and #16 are easy ones to practice these. #1211 is an easy one, based on stripes, but with some few combined knots, #294 already has some more. After that you can go on with patterns like #212.

Then you should have collected enough practice to go on with every standard pattern on this site.

I won't go by difficulty at all! If you sort by difficulty and look at the very last site (rating 8.x) you can see some of the easier patterns there, at least 5 of them are very basic ones!

And if you've already read all this: don't say that you can't make wider bracelets because they are harder! It's not how wide the bracelet is that makes the difficulty. A 50 string chevron is not harder than a 6 string one.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!