$1911

was donated
RE: 2016 CRAZY NEW YEAR'S PARTY SWAP by buddleia 8 years ago

So strange that those particular ones to the US got lost. :( anyway I totally understand if the mods don't want to host another swap just yet - losing that many bracelets is pretty discouraging. And again thanks for all your hard work!!!

RE: 2016 CRAZY NEW YEAR'S PARTY SWAP by Ukiedancer 8 years ago

I agree with buddleia. It's would make the most sense to wait to start another swap. Maybe the missing envelopes were a coincidence or something happened with the postage service. Either way, it would be wisest to wait.

RE: 2016 CRAZY NEW YEAR'S PARTY SWAP by lady_cinni 8 years ago

Well, mine could've been stolen from my mailbox, although I haven't seen anyone tampering with it, but it's happened in the past.

RE: 2016 CRAZY NEW YEAR'S PARTY SWAP by Neva 8 years ago

It truly is sad to see, but i dont think we should let it discourage us from having more swaps in the future.. Usually this many bracelets don't get lost in swaps and I believe that everything was mailed out around the time of some terrorist attacks..? Can't remember, but no one couldve predicted that.

I know swaps won't be stopped permanently after this incident, but just because this one swap was unlucky doesn't mean they're all going to be unlucky. Personally, swaps usually bring me a lot of happiness.. :)

RE: 2016 CRAZY NEW YEAR'S PARTY SWAP by kleinevos (moderator) 8 years ago

I mailed them all before the attacks, a few weeks before, if I remember right. But it's not unusual for mailings to the US to travel up to about 3-4 weeks. They might indeed have been held up by extra security around these attacks. We'll never know ....
I hope the replacement bracelets will all arrive safely. At this moment we're still knotting them :-)

RE: 2016 CRAZY NEW YEAR'S PARTY SWAP by redline 8 years ago

I remember my zolino bracelet was lost on the way to Samm? It was really sad to me, but not from my side. I was sad she didn't got it. It is unpleasant anyway, but i always had a wish to host a swap. Just my address is tricky and, though bracelets always reached me in the past swaps, i'm not brave enough yet to take that responsibility. BUT i have some rules written down, the main idea and even an idea of the photo background i would take. SO maybe someday... lol

RE: 2016 CRAZY NEW YEAR'S PARTY SWAP by Sammoning (moderator) 8 years ago

I remember that as well, I am glad you made replacemets then and I am glad we all worked on replacements now :)

Which is also why I say no to a new swap right now. We just worked on enough bracelets to count as a new swap together, and I am also going to be a bit busy to make bracelets for a new swap.

But I would definately like to see one later this year! I am not disheartened by this big loss, it's probably been a combination of sad circumstances and bad luck.
And no matter how much bracelets get lost, I know we will work together and make replacements every time they are needed.

RE: 2016 CRAZY NEW YEAR'S PARTY SWAP by buddleia 8 years ago

Well said Sammoning! I'd also love to see one later this year, whenever the mods feel like it. You mods are awesome. :)

RE: 2016 CRAZY NEW YEAR'S PARTY SWAP by kleinevos (moderator) 8 years ago

A little update:
I'm waiting for the last replacement bracelets to arrive. Pictures will be posted soon in this thread (individual pictures of some of the bracelets are already posted to the patterns) and I'll start mailing out envelopes today or tomorrow. Each one of you, who didn't receive the actual swap-bracelets, will get two envelopes. I hope to spread the risk of loosing bracelets again by splitting up the packages this time.
I'll also not send them on the same day for that same reason.
It would help restore our faith in the postal services if these envelopes all arrive safely!

RE: 2016 CRAZY NEW YEAR'S PARTY SWAP by Marjar 8 years ago

OMG YOU WON'T BELIEVE ME BUT I'M SUPER EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT MY BRACELETS JUST GOT HOME!!!!!! NO WAY THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR DEFINITELY!!!! <3
Please don't take the trouble to send me a replacement, this is just amazing!!!! I'm sorry about this, Mexican postal service definitely sucks when it comes to receiving a package, but at last they're finally here!!!!! THANK YOU!!! :D
DO NOT LOSE HOPE, THEY MUST ARRIVE!!! If they arrived to Mexico, they'll definitely get to the US, lol :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!