$1911

was donated
Extra String idea! by Bluecarrots 13 years ago

If you are like me, and always end up cutting the strings to long, the left over string that you just cut off and throw away, (if it is long enough) could be used to make just a simple candy stripe or something. this may not work if there are not the same number of colors in the pattern you did, but you could add string to make it work. instead of wasting good useful string, maybe you could do something like that? C;

-Bluecarrot

RE: Extra String idea! by Gracie04 13 years ago

oh.

RE: Extra String idea! by nacirema96 13 years ago

I had just enough left to make a keychain.

RE: Extra String idea! by fbmagic 13 years ago

well what if you have a lot of thread left over but not enough for another bracelet?

RE: Extra String idea! by Bluecarrots 13 years ago

then i guess you can't really do much with it. lol. maybe hold onto it in case you use another bracelet with those colors and you run out of string. or maybe make the threads just long enough by adding on thread.

RE: Extra String idea! by Lialove 13 years ago

I usually do pattern #1 (I think that's it) it's just a spiral bracelet. Either that or a square knot with my extra string. If it's long enough I might do a stripe or arrowhead but that's about it.

RE: Extra String idea! by cyn_cyn 13 years ago

i just do the chinese staircase with all of mine so if i make a bracelet to give away i give the person those extra ones too. :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!