$1911

was donated
red string bracelet by yanagirl 13 years ago

I don't know if this forum is the right place for my question, but I will post it to find out.

I am interested in making an all-red string bracelet (all one color) like Michael Jackson,Madonna & others have worn. Symbolically, I believe they are for protection.

To buy them, they are very expensive, even though when I look at them, they look like just a few twines of red thread around the wrist. Does anyone know the bracelet type I am asking about?

just want to whip something up, but I don't want to wear just a plain piece of string around my wrist. I believe there must be more to them than that. I've only seen them in photos - not up close.

Some of the red string bracelets I've seen may have a symbolic charm on them, like a bear or a hamsa or something like that. How would I add a tiny charm or stone to the bracelet, please? I know nothing about this. Thanks

RE: red string bracelet by wojo 13 years ago

can you post a link so i can see one please

RE: red string bracelet by yanagirl 13 years ago

Well here is link to on below. The thing is - one of these is pretty cheap, so I maight go ahed and order it and forget making it. I've seen other's on the web, though, that are $30-$48.

As I look at the ones in the link below, it just looks like some cord, right? There doesn't appear to be any weaving or braiding or anything.

Bit don't see why one couldn't braided in a narrow or slender shape. That might be quite pretty, actually.

How do you put a clasp on it?

With the friendship bracelets shown on this site, it looks like they're tied on, no clasps. Am I right? Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Hamsa-Red-String/dp/B0028Y9BZG/ref=pd_sbs_jw_2#moreAboutThisProduct

RE: red string bracelet by jenniferose 13 years ago

its a kabalah bracelet

you can by them cheaper in most stores
but remember when your finished making the bracelet
you are supposed to bless and pray on it and then wear it

RE: red string bracelet by yanagirl 13 years ago

Yes, it is Kabbalah - Mdonna was into that for a while. Don't know about MJ.

How would you put on clasp on both ends of some cording to make a bracelent?

What stores have you seen them in, please?

you just put them on like you would clasps ect...

RE: red string bracelet by Gracie04 13 years ago

look up chinese staircase on youtube or something, thats what those look like... :):):)
GRacie

RE: red string bracelet by FriendshipCandy 13 years ago

The one Madonna wears is a Kaballah bracelet. you need to go to a kaballah center and ask them about it. it's not just string, it's a special kind of blessed string. you need to tie the knots a special way and everything. its supposed to be good luck and give you protection kind of like the way evil eyes are supposed to.

---
check out my website!
http://friendshipcandy.webs.com/

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!