$1911

was donated
How I do buckles/closing bracelets by Kassy 13 years ago

I have several ways for closing my bracelets. I do both the macrame-buckle and the chinese staircase-buckle, which both have their own tutorials, so I won't eloborate more on those. On smaller bracelets I tend to just make braids and both ends and tie them.

But with 6 threads or more, my favorite is to make 2 braids on the ends for about a cm, then braid the 2 braids into one. Kinda like the knotting part of the macramebuckle, but with braids(can ofcourse be done with macrame instead) on both sides. The length of the finished braid with the knot at the end is about 5 cm. I then pull the left braid into the hole on the right braid, which has been created by dividing the braid into 2 parts at the start, and the same with the right braid into the left hole. This makes a "lock" and you don't have any long braided strings hanging down.

The other way is to braid each end as normal. Then you lay them across eachother, so the bracelet with the braids makes a "closed" circle. Then you use 2 or more extra strings to tie as macrame around the 2 braids(formed as 1 string). Knot macrame for about 4-5cm, this will make an adjustable knot.

Know it might be hard to understand without pictures, If wanted I can try to make a tutorial with all the closing knots together.

RE: How I do buckles/closing bracelets by marusk 13 years ago

i would really like to learn that last option...
could you do a tutorial or just some pictures, how it's supposed to look like :)

RE: How I do buckles/closing bracelets by villa13 13 years ago

pics for the second option would be amaaaazing!!!

RE: How I do buckles/closing bracelets by Kassy 13 years ago

Gonna upload some photos and a better description abit later :)

RE: How I do buckles/closing bracelets by TheUniqu3one 13 years ago

please to make a tutorial

RE: How I do buckles/closing bracelets by TonturaDaunt 13 years ago

Same as villa13 I would apprecitate if yo post a tut. on the second option , it looks really easy to do :D

And please If its not to much, can you please message me when u post A tut. Or even if you have a pic of a bracelet that you did using option #2 This would be GREAT or just reply back to this topic .. Ill get a notification :D

Anyway thaks so much fr writing this .. It seems like it took a lot of time :D

Again .... Thanks :D

I've made a tutorial on it now. It's named "adjustable bracelet". Not sure how long it takes for it to show tho.

Here it was: https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/tutorial.php?id=250

RE: How I do buckles/closing bracelets by villa13 13 years ago

thanksss

RE: How I do buckles/closing bracelets by marusk 13 years ago

thanks!!!!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!