$1911

was donated
Alpha bracelet in reverse by AylaAsperger 13 years ago

Hello,

I am new on this site but it's in my favorites already!!!!! I havent been making bracelets in years and I started again this evening! All that time I was wondering how to make bracelets with letters on it, and now, thanks to your site, I found out how! The only thing I changed is that I took 8 threads in background color and 1 in letter color. This way I don't need a very looooooooooooooooong thread for the background. I just follow the instructions with the difference that I tie the knots in the opposite direction!

RE: Alpha bracelet in reverse by outtathisworld 13 years ago

wow that's a cool thought!

RE: Alpha bracelet in reverse by AylaAsperger 13 years ago

This has an extra advantage, I am now trying to make a two colored alpha pattern (which I sent into this site, nr 1750) and I just need to replace my alpha thread into color 2. One row of 10 knots does the trick!

RE: Alpha bracelet in reverse by cougrz38 13 years ago

does this mean the layout of the thread being the 8 background colour first then the one letter colour or the other way around?

That doesnt really matter because you go up and down all the time with this letter color thread. Either way works fine.

i'm kindof new to alpha patterns and what i've been doing instead of using 56 threads will use the second diagram which is sideways and just use fourteen. will doing what you just said still work out? your help is much appreciated thank you!

Yes, for example my alpha pattern 1750 I use 10 red threads and 1 purple. Every time I have to make a red knot I knot it over the purple thread, and if I have to make a purple knot I knot it over the red thread. It works the same as the tutorial except that you knot the other way around.

thank you very much!

RE: Alpha bracelet in reverse by Katarzyna 13 years ago

That's cool but a bit weird. :D

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!