$1911

was donated
Camera case by darlinlily 11 years ago

Hey I want to make a case for my Digital Camera that is 3.70" (10cm) W, 2.15" (5.5cm) H, and 0.74" (2cm) D. I want to use an Alpha Pattern so I was wondering how many rows and strings would I nee in order to make a small case for this camera, I also want to leave a 1.5" (4cm) space so that I can close the case.

PLEASE HELP!

RE: Camera case by TweedleDee 11 years ago

As for width, the knot-work should have an extra two inches to compensate for the depth/thickness of the camera, so you're looking at maybe 51/2 to 6 inches wide. For alphas, 20 strings= about an inch (at least, the ones I use are), which would be about 110-120 strings, so not too bad!

As for length, 6 alpha rows=1 centimeter, so 15 rows is about and inch. Assuming you want the camera to go in the top of the case, the case should be about twice the height, or 4.3 inches (11 centimeters), to say nothing of a flap closure (1/3 to 1/2 the height of the camera) and depth compensation (add an inch to the length for this).

For total measurements, I would suggest 115-ish strings wide and 102+ rows (6.8-7 inches long. This includes depth and closure-part).

I would also strongly suggest sewing in a sort of padding (on the inside) to protect your camera. Depending on what you use, I'd add about 10 strings to width. Check out this tutorial for more advice. Good luck, and I hope you post a picture when you're finished!

RE: Camera case by lefayof2day 11 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of string...best of luck and post a pic! I'd really like to see how this turns out.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!