$1911

was donated
Prevent bracelet from curling? by LittleWolf 12 years ago

Hi,

When I finish my bracelets they are perfectly flat. However, after wearing them for a while they usually start to curl up (so you don't really see the pattern anymore). Does anyone have any tips on preventing this? (before they start curling...)

RE: Prevent bracelet from curling? by Jeckle 12 years ago

You can always take them off and iron them. :) Just put a wet cloth between the iron and the bracelet.

RE: Prevent bracelet from curling? by skpluvs2sing 12 years ago

Tape the bracelet flat down to a flat surface then place several heavy books ontop over night, works every time :3

RE: Prevent bracelet from curling? by LittleWolf 12 years ago

So no one really has something you can do to it BEFORE wearing it, so that it never starts curling?

RE: Prevent bracelet from curling? by samiam2714 12 years ago

my mom once suggested I starch it you could try that.

RE: Prevent bracelet from curling? by Bubbleblower 12 years ago

Do you mean it curls length ways into a spiral or width ways into a candy cane shape?

width ways to a candy cane :) (Guess that goes well with a candy stripe pattern :P)

RE: Prevent bracelet from curling? by Bubbleblower 12 years ago

Oh, this has never happened to me so im not sure, the heavy book method and iron sounds a good idea

RE: Prevent bracelet from curling? by ririttt 12 years ago

In a candy stripe either try knotting more loosely or push at the knots making the last fk go down a bit and it won't curl.

It doesn't curl after braiding. It's perfectly flat. After a while of wearing it it starts to curl.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!