$1911

was donated
Ajustable Friendship Braclet?? by Rozzy 12 years ago

For Christmas I want to make my friends some braclets.. I use clasps instead of tying the braclet to the wrist... I don't know how big some of my friends wrists are, so does anyone have some tips on how I could make the braclet so they could adjust it to their wrists???

RE: Ajustable Friendship Braclet?? by hpgames 12 years ago

have you heard of wrap-around bracelets? you braid for a bit and then make your pattern, all you friend has to do is tie the braids, it looks really pretty, and saves lots of string(and guessing!)

RE: Ajustable Friendship Braclet?? by Nadia 12 years ago

https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/tutorial.php?id=654

RE: Ajustable Friendship Braclet?? by gerbilsrawesome 12 years ago

Well, if you want to use clasps, you could knot the bracelet a little shorter than the least length you expect their wrist to be. Then you could use ribbon clamps, and attach a clasp to one end and a chain to the other. Then your friend could clip it to wherever they want on the chain so it is the right length. Check out this picture: https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/gallery.php?id=26471

RE: Ajustable Friendship Braclet?? by Rozzy 12 years ago

Thanks you guys for the comments i appriciate it :D

Also gerbilsrawesome, where could i get the clamps? do you know?

RE: Ajustable Friendship Braclet?? by gerbilsrawesome 12 years ago

I think people have said they have gotten them at michaels, but others have bought them online. I'm not sure, I've never used them.

RE: Ajustable Friendship Braclet?? by ririttt 12 years ago

you can use the pulley system
braid both ends with over hand knots at the ends.
tie a piece of string 10'' long on both braids with 2 knots
make the chinese staircase for half an inch.
knot it off really tightly and cut the ends of
you should be able to pull the braids to adjust

RE: Ajustable Friendship Braclet?? by mushmallow 12 years ago

The chinese staircase doesn't work as well. Hemp it- it's a series of knots that's a little more complicated than the chinese staircase, but works a lot better than the chinese staircase. I bet you can find a tutorial in the forum.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!