$1911

was donated
RE: String Type by Sneasel 12 years ago

Make sure to look online for your store's weekly coupon. Most craft stores have them. I used Hobby Lobby's %40 coupon today, and got a 105 skein pack of Iris for around $10 :P

RE: String Type by twin2 12 years ago

It's Pearle Cotton. I know that because it's the same EXACT price here. It's so annoying, because I LOVE that cotton string, but it's impossible to buy all the colors that I want since the prices are so high. By the way, just as a tip, don't buy crochet thread, because it rips when you pull it. I tried it and I had to replace the strings AT LEAST 6 times.
Question: Is there any way I can get Anchor or DMC floss at a good price online?--Thanks

Sorry if this thread was long and I didnt answer your questions, but those are my same questions.

RE: String Type by LittleWolf 12 years ago

I bought some DMC online at janlynn.com for $0.39/skein. There is a $5.50 shipping too though. But this weekend (until sunday) they have 25% off the entire order, which is pretty nice!

RE: String Type by RockePloeger 12 years ago

Six stranded embroider floss is always going to have a tendency to split since that is what it was made to do. When using it for cross-stitching you usually separate the sections and use maybe one or two strands.

I have used both DMC and Prism and don't find much a difference when it comes to thickness to be honest. Then again, they are both made by the same company.

RE: String Type by Kestrel 12 years ago

hey,

this might be a bit of a silly answer, so I apologise, but if you're worried about bracelets looking 'thin', have you tried using wool? I'm new enough here so I don't know the ins and outs of the whole place but I love working with wool every so often, it can make some very, very nice chunky bracelets from various different designs.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, see if it was an option.

RE: String Type by ririttt 12 years ago

ebay.co.uk is great for cheap anchor

RE: String Type by Kislobog 11 years ago

you can also try thin crochet yarn. it comes in 100 or 200 meter skeins rather than 8 or 20 meter like embroidery floss. it turns out to be much cheaper. and, for me, bracelets made of crochet yarn look much more accurately
crochet yarn has much narrower range of colours, though

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!