$1911

was donated
String Type by love2sing 12 years ago

I use Prism string, but I think my bracelets look kind of thin and some times the seprate parts of the thread seperate. (If you understand) I have looked online at Joanns, and the DMC is extreamly expensive. At my local Joanns, there is some embrodary thread that is also expensive, but I was wondering if it was worth it. I don't know what brand, sorry. Also, I don't have a Michaels, or any other major store besides Ben Franklin which is also very expensive. the seperate skiens at Joanns are 2.5 dollars each. What other product can I use that's not expensive?? THANK YOU!!! :)

RE: String Type by Sneasel 12 years ago

Wow, 2.5 dollars of each skein? it's only 4o cents here. Youre best bet would probably be to look online, if all skeins are expensive there.

Wow I messed up that post. My bad for any typos.

RE: String Type by love2sing 12 years ago

ok. thanks. Do you have a preferance on type?

Now that I think about it, I know it's not Dmc, but I think its a fancy cross stitch thread. I don't know why it's so insanly expensive. It bums me out. I think the fact that I live in a small town contributes to it because there are so little choices. :/ I will keep looking though :D

Joanns is cheapest for me here, but its kinda far away. Hobby Lobby has DMC for .40, and Iris is packs of over 30 for like..$5.
I would recommend Iris or DMC and Iris, but DNC and Prism are usually the worst. At least from what Ive gathered on this site.

RE: String Type by lovely_shadow 12 years ago

i personally like "loops and threads" but get the one that is fil d'artisanat . the one that is called six strand brins unravels and is frustrating to work with when making a bracelet.

RE: String Type by Carrie 12 years ago

I just realized, are you looking at pearle cotton or embroidery thread?

Six string is regular embroidery thread, which is what 99% of the bracelets on this site are made of. If youre having trouble with unraveling that bad, try taping the ends

Ok. thanks everyone. I found some DMC at 59 cents per skien and bought some to try it. The end of it was 6 seperate strings. but I am about to try it. Sneasel, 5 dollars for a pack of 30? Send me some! Just kidding. I will keep looking and trying to find better cheaper string. :)
Carrie, I don't know. I have only seen Prism and DMC, but the one that is 2.5 dollars per skien is embroidery thread. What is pearle cotton? Is that a brand?

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!