$1911

was donated
OOPS! Knots by mushmallow 12 years ago

Sometimes when I read a pattern, I don't pay enough attention and make a couple wrong knots. It's really hard to remove the knots you made on mistake.
I suggest having a handy dandy seam ripper or a toothpick on hand to weasel its way in between the strings and remove the knot.
If you're using the seam ripper, be gentle because it has a blade and can cut or weaken the strings. Anything with a really thin point that can get inside the knot will do.

Happy knotting!

RE: OOPS! Knots by ConfessorKahlan 12 years ago

I like to use a safety pin, because I often use it to fasten my bracelets to my jeans when I work on it. I can just take the pin out, use it to pull out the mistake, and pin it back on. Or, when I work off of a clipboard (Which I do with alphas to make the rows neater) I just pin it to the metal part. Usually there's a circle at the top like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3tQeAmJhRZ4/TfofjZhsNfI/AAAAAAAAAMw/Wvgnp9RkSOM/s1600/clipboard.jpeg

RE: OOPS! Knots by RockePloeger 12 years ago

I find that embroidery needles are the best because they can get into the tight areas but at the same time don't have the sharp point that will dig into things or split your threads.

Oh, I don't stick it in the thread. What I do is turn it over, so you have the 'lined' kinda patterns. Then I just press the needle or pin against the knot and kinda pull it down, so it isn't actually IN the thread. That way it separates the first knot from the second, and I can pull it out myself. If that makes any sense at all.

@ConfessorKahlan - I know what you mean for sure :D

Phew... I thought I was talking gibberish!

Well you probably were, I just happen to be fluent in it :P

RE: OOPS! Knots by Roseit 12 years ago

I straighten a paper clip :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!