$1911

was donated
how do you know which string to use after which without forgetting? by hellokitty727 12 years ago

the pattern im trying to do right now has 10 strings. its hard to keep track which one is which when there are only 2 colors help !

RE: how do you know which string to use after which without forgetting? by ConfessorKahlan 12 years ago

What pattern are you doing? If you post a link, it could help me to help you. That way I'll know exactly what you mean...

RE: how do you know which string to use after which without forgetting? by AutumnRane 12 years ago

I find the easiest way is to 'paint' the very tips of your strings, with nail polish or acrylic paint, or even markers.

You could color code it ie: red is 1/A blue is 2/B
or if you are using a black sharpee for instance you could make 1 dot for string #1, 2 dots for string #2 etc.

Just make sure not to go too far up you floss or it may effect your pattern.

RE: how do you know which string to use after which without forgetting? by TBSNBubblegum 12 years ago

once you get a few rows in it gets easier cuz the knots keep the strings seperated. but i understand the tough part is starting. i would say try to keep them spread out for a bit.

RE: how do you know which string to use after which without forgetting? by bbyxjackiee 12 years ago

oh you can keep them separated with like a piece of cardboard .
take a piece of the cardboard, mark one side with like the half way point
and then the other side, make as many marks as you'd like , like 1 inch apart, or half an inch apart. and then take scissors and cut about an inch or quarter inch in.

once your'e finished, you'll be able to put the beginning part of your bracelet at the top, and then the strings separated at the bottom :)

RE: how do you know which string to use after which without forgetting? by Tokio 12 years ago

I use tape to separate my strings. Taping them down for the first few rows helps especially with larger bracelets where cardboard wouldn't help. Tape them down in twos, starting from the left and working right. Once you get into the swing of things, the tape isn't necessary anymore and finding the order of the strings becomes a piece of cake :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!