$1911

was donated
ALPHAS:How to get rid of thread colors you don't want, while simultaneously keeping the colors you DO want. by Alpha_Aurora 12 years ago

OK, for some of those people out there, they have string with colors in their collection that they know, they're never going to use, maybe like an off-white or a weird green. Something. Anyway, you use that color in your alpha bracelet. You take the required amount of string, but in the unwanted color, and weave onto it with the desired colors. So, that would make a 2-color bracelet into a 3-color bracelet. When you are weaving, don't tie ANY knots with the unwanted color, only with the desired colors.... If you don't understand, then PM me and I'll try to be more clear.

RE: ALPHAS:How to get rid of thread colors you don't want, while simultaneously keeping the colors you DO want. by Stircrazy 12 years ago

I think I get what you mean.. that's actually a really good idea. My mom and I have been making a bunch of the breast cancer awareness bracelets to sell for donations, and she's never made these before. I just gave her all the colors I didn't want to practice, lol. This tip will def come in handy for the next pack of string I buy. Thanks! :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!