$1911

was donated
Need Help by drng99 13 years ago

I have probably over 200 different colors of string but don't know how to keep them organized any ideas or suggestions?

RE: Need Help by carlz16 13 years ago

Here's what I do... I have like 3 things of plastic box separators and put them in there. You can find them at Michael's in the bead section!

RE: Need Help by drng99 13 years ago

carlz16 but then dont they get tangled up with themselves?

RE: Need Help by Killshotz 13 years ago

Not if you get plastic bobbins

RE: Need Help by LoriH 13 years ago

I have some of my string wrapped around the old-fashioned clothespins. You can see a picture of that idea here: http://pinksuedeshoe.com/ (this isn't my picture, i just googled it) Mine look pretty neat....bright colors....looks good in a big glass jar/bowl. You can use them and decorate with them...lol!

RE: Need Help by Scout 13 years ago

A lot of my thread was my mom's from when she was doing a lot of embroidery. I'm going to assume you're using embroidery floss, so I'd say get some of those cardboardy white "I don't know what they're called"s xD And then they make boxes that are made to be used for them. They're all over the place at craft stores. My only problem with it is I never know quite how much string is on there. If you actually go to your local craftstore, though, I'm sure that someone will have an idea of what to do and will assist you in finding the materials that you need. However, if you go with this idea, you should be aware that it takes quite a lot of time to wrap the strings up. But I find it to be worth it.

RE: Need Help by megs53 13 years ago

Go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby and get plastic thread bobbins(assuming thats what scout was talking about). wrap the thread around them and put them in the plastic containers also from Michaels or Hobby Lobby as carlz16and scout said. they won't get tangled up because they will all be separated. if you are confused, look up 'plastic thread bobbins' and see what we mean.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!