$1911

was donated
string ? by Gimpy1340 14 years ago

ok so i'm using embroidery floss to make my bracelets and ever time I use it it unwinds. Does anyone have a way to keep the floss from unwinding. Right now all I do is twist it back together but that still does not work. thank you.

RE: string ? by Cathelijn 14 years ago

Maybe you can make a knot at the end of the thread. I don't know if it works.

RE: string ? by intel 14 years ago

try not to fool around with the string that much, (twisting it, undoing it) if you got the embroidery floss from the dollar store it tends to unwind. But overall just dont twist it the opposite way it twists and it wond unwind:) hope this helps!

RE: string ? by Gimpy1340 14 years ago

The string I use i bought from hobby lobby and i do not twist it unless it starts untwisting. I think the problem is that I have nails and when I try to separate one string from the group of strings I grab 1/2 of another string with my nails.

RE: string ? by wojo 14 years ago

do u mean the string comes apart from the whole strand if it is try and be more careful

RE: string ? by wojo 14 years ago

i do that a lot and to some times fix it you can keep
sliding ur fingers across the strand and it may come together easier and stay together better hope this help

RE: string ? by ambr71 14 years ago

just keep one piece of string together

RE: string ? by emm97 14 years ago

DMC Floss is the best brand to use. I get mine at Joann or Michaels

RE: string ? by Joy 14 years ago

i agree. i like dmc floss the best

RE: string ? by LedChelsea 14 years ago

I've been using stuff called Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet thread, and that's seemed to work out fine for me. Do you guys think that floss is definitly the way to go, or do you use other things as well?

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!