$1911

was donated
length of string needed? by RuthWT 13 years ago

Hi All, I'm really new to this bracelet making. Trying to find something to keep my hands busy besides eat....lol.

How long should the string be to start? Also, if I'm supposed to fold the length of strings in half and tie a know to create the one end of the closure, then what do I do about patterns with odd numbers of string color?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: length of string needed? by fbmagic 13 years ago

Well what I do is I measure String the length of my armspan. As much as it asks for then I fold it in half and it creates two strings of that color. So like if I measured a red string the length of my armspan and folded it in half then I would have two read. If it is an odd number then just measure it the length of one arm. Ha ha sorry I hope that makes sense. :)

RE: length of string needed? by Starlight777 13 years ago

I usually just measure 3 feet for each string, depending the the pattern, if it looks easy and not need a lot I usually make 2 1/2, you really just gotta guess it.

RE: length of string needed? by oobieoobster 13 years ago

I measure the length of my arm span, that way, if you are a smaller or bigger person, you arm span is longer, (or shorter) then you have a bigger (or smaller) wrist size. then i fold it in half. If the pattern is a big pattern, (say, 20 +) i would do it about arm span and a half. hope this helps :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!