$1911

was donated
Cheap string!!! by Lovemenot 13 years ago

My sister went to the local GoodWill over the weekend and she found a huge gallon sized bag stuffed full on Embroidery Floss for only $4!! I haven't done the exact math, but I estimate the bag to be worth (at 35 cents a skein) at least 15 dollars, plus it was already organized and numbered, so all I have to do it add it to my collection. She said there were tons of bags of string there as well!

My tip to every one, check out the local thrift stores, you may just get a super bargain!

RE: Cheap string!!! by Rissa 13 years ago

Hm, would someone send me some of these bags over to Germany?

Just kidding. I only wished that floss was that cheap here in Germany, even 35 Cent would be less than 1/5 of what it costs here. You're so lucky!

RE: Cheap string!!! by fieldhockey8 13 years ago

whoa cool! i'll have to check.

RE: Cheap string!!! by Lovemenot 13 years ago

$1.75 per skein?? An 8 meter (8.7 yard) skein?? That is impossibly over priced!

RE: Cheap string!!! by Carrie 13 years ago

Rissa, you should check out ebay for string! I've gotten it for even less that $.35 a skein there!

RE: Cheap string!!! by Rissa 13 years ago

@ Lovemenot: Yes, most shops only sell Anchor embroidery floss, and one skein of 8m length costs 1,35€ which was about 1,80US$ as of yesterday.

I've tried ebay, but I haven't been lucky yet. But as I still have some 150 skeins left I don't have to fear that I run out of material soon. I still look around for good offers that I won't miss one so that I'll really never run out of string ;)

So grab these bags everyone who has the chance and show us some great new bracelets the next weeks so that we who can't get this offer at least have something to see ;)

RE: Cheap string!!! by Lovemenot 13 years ago

I've found some fairly cheap floss at e-bay, amazon, overstock, etc. May want to check them out as well. I originally bought a pack of 105, then ran out of black, went to the store and grabbed some more. Of course there were 10 other colors I had to have. Soon I was out of black again, went back, found another bunch of colors I just had to have. Rinse and repeat... I've got a LOT of string to use ;)

RE: Cheap string!!! by foshisle 13 years ago

just google embroidery floss or wat ever u use and the usually have some good stuff ther e

RE: Cheap string!!! by bkwrmi 13 years ago

I found some of the multipacks (36 skeins) on clearance for around $2 each a couple of weeks ago. That was fun - bought four, which should keep me busy for a while.

RE: Cheap string!!! by foshisle 13 years ago

cool where

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!