$1911

was donated
What type of threads does everyone use. by CGMama_11 13 years ago

What type of thread does everyone use? I have been using crochet thread # 3. It makes a very clean product, however, I am running into limited color choices. Does anyone have any suggestions as to thread use that has the same tecture and stability as crochet thread #3 but will give me more color choices? Thanks.

RE: What type of threads does everyone use. by Carrie 13 years ago

I use dmc embroidery floss, and dmc crochet thread, size 8. If you like pearle cotton, size 8 crochet thread will be your best bet with the most colors. I like smooth looking knots, so I always use embroidery floss.

RE: What type of threads does everyone use. by dance7 13 years ago

I use embroidery floss. It comes in alot of colors and its really easy to work with

RE: What type of threads does everyone use. by megs53 13 years ago

dmc embroidery floss is also very cheap

RE: What type of threads does everyone use. by spt1595 13 years ago

i really like using the prisim brand embroidery floss..it works soo well:)

RE: What type of threads does everyone use. by juels13 13 years ago

craft thread is very good to i usually use embrodiary floss and craft thread but craft thread where i buy it is like 3 or 4 bucks for a pack of 36

RE: What type of threads does everyone use. by JudithElise 13 years ago

I use wax thread. It works the best for me.
Does anyone else use wax thread, too? Seeing the photos I haven't seen anyone yet.
I really recommend it!
When I just started making bracelets I used ordinary dmc embrodiary floss, but in my opinion the bracelets do not stay neat if you wear them a lot. With wax thread the bracelets stay really neat even if you swim or shower with them.

RE: What type of threads does everyone use. by mystiqued04 12 years ago

I recently started using nylon thread...I like it a lot. It doesn't break or stretch. It is a little shinier too. The ends tend to fray but I just melt them a little with a lighter.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!