$1911

was donated
Preventing strings from wearing by Scout 13 years ago

So I have a few bracelets on my wrist that I wear all the time, including a pacman one, which I'm in love with. However, it's starting to fall appart where I braided it, so I was wondering if anyone does anything to prevent this, like clear nail pollish or something..? I just don't want to ruin it trying to save it Dx

RE: Preventing strings from wearing by Gracie04 13 years ago

hairspray. Leaves it with a nice crisp outcome. but use extra hold for a better outcome.

RE: Preventing strings from wearing by Scout 13 years ago

Thank you! But my worry is that it'll become to stiff you legitamately wear.

RE: Preventing strings from wearing by foshisle 13 years ago

make a bracelet u dont realllllyyyy like and try a bunch of stuff on that

No it wont my bro is wearing one i made and put hairspray on it. Also clear polish

RE: Preventing strings from wearing by Scout 13 years ago

Thanks, Gracie! I knew that you could do both of those things for certain other things, like clear nail polish on ends of ribbon and hair spray on marching hats to make them stiffer (wow I'm a nerd xD), but again, unsure of end product. This helped a lot :D Thanks again!

OH and just to see the outocome, I posted a photo on a pattern it may may not be published yet.. But it has numbers on it. It turned out slightly stiff but not really it was mostly in the end strings... Test it first to see if you like it.

RE: Preventing strings from wearing by Sareana 13 years ago

heres a idea ,.. fabic glue and ribbon about the same size as the bracelet in width, glue the ribbon to the back of the bracelet , you can even sew the end and begining strings down to the back of the bracelet,.. use thread the same color as the embroidery floss, and fit the needle between the knots , then glue the ribbon on and then use the ribbon its self as the tie,.. the bracelet would probably last alot longer then :)

RE: Preventing strings from wearing by Sareana 13 years ago

oh ,.. when i sew on these bracelets, i use a beading needle, because its one of the finest you can find. :)

RE: Preventing strings from wearing by foshisle 13 years ago

or just make a new one :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!