$1911

was donated
Storing/ displaying bracelets by Mazzy 13 years ago

This makes sure that bracelets dont get squashed, bent and keep all organized. When I finish a bracelet, I tie it round an empty loo roll or other cardboard tube. They're about the width of a wrist, so fit perfectly, plus you can use them to measure the length of your bracelet on! Hope this helps anyone for ideas :)

RE: Storing/ displaying bracelets by Rissa 13 years ago

Loo rolls are a bit too small for my taste (most of my bracelets are too long to fit exactly), but there are other types of cardboard tubes, like the ones you send posters in.

RE: Storing/ displaying bracelets by Foz 13 years ago

I just keep mine all nicely jumbled together in a big box ;-P but they sure look impressive on that poster tube! that's a mighty fine collection :-)

RE: Storing/ displaying bracelets by Mockingjay 13 years ago

Wow... That's a great idea.

RE: Storing/ displaying bracelets by angelwings 13 years ago

if u wanted to keep them displayed, but not tied on to something, then u could put them on to some little hooks(mabye thumb tacks) and keep them displayed there if they have a loop.

RE: Storing/ displaying bracelets by Lovemenot 13 years ago

This is a wonderful idea. May I ask where you keep the tube. I imagine it would like to roll away, especially if there is a fan on in the room! Hehe

RE: Storing/ displaying bracelets by kallum 13 years ago

Well, what I do is pin them up on a cork board; the loop/buckle hangs on the top pin, and the bottom one holds the ends down, so they don't just blow around. It works quite well. Most of my photo's are taken on that cork board.

RE: Storing/ displaying bracelets by Mazzy 13 years ago

I thread a wire through my tubes and then use the wire to hang them up on the wall on hooks, so the effect is a big network of loo-roll tubes covered in bracelets. Sounds crazy but it looks pretty good.

RE: Storing/ displaying bracelets by Rissa 13 years ago

Mazzy, that sounds great! But as I said am I not able to do that, my bracelets are just too long to fit on loo rolls.

I've made a lot more bracelets since I made the photos. Both tubes are now mostly filled with just some 15 cm left, one I use for wider bracelets, one is for the smaller ones.

I just put the tubes upright in one corner of my room. For the shorter tube I have another one with a bigger diameter so that I can store my bracelet tube inside of the other one.

Some years ago, before I discovered all the patterns shared online, I had just knotted all my bracelets together into one big spiderweb which I've used for decorating one wall.
I know that at least some of these old bracelets have to be somewhere still, but I can't find them :(

RE: Storing/ displaying bracelets by Sierra_Johnson 13 years ago

My friend and I bought a lunchbox, and we put friendship bracelets on the top (held up by tape) and bracelets made by spool knitting on the bottom in a big jumbled mess. I may have to try the rolls... if you make a lot and hang them up it could be super impressive!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!