$1911

was donated
keep getting gaps... :( :( by Star15 13 years ago

I am getting these terrible gaps in my knotting. I try to pull tight and still have gaps. If I pull loose I get gaps. My knotting is very uneven. The more I try the worse it gets. IT looks horrible. I try and try to get the tension just right and even see how others pull their threads on utube. Mine just get worse. Hellp please....

I would love some one to do a video on keeping the knots nice and even that be great help....

RE: keep getting gaps... :( :( by Maggie98 13 years ago

can you upload here (on this thread) a photo of a bracelet with gap? Maybe then, i could help you.
If you don't know how to do it (how to upload) go to
[URL]https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/bbcode.php[URL/]

and check it.

RE: keep getting gaps... :( :( by Maggie98 13 years ago

https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/bbcode.php this is the right adress

RE: keep getting gaps... :( :( by bluegiraffe1236 13 years ago

what bracelet pattern(s) have the gaps???

RE: keep getting gaps... :( :( by kitty_baby 13 years ago

play around with simple patterns like the candy stripe or chevron to get the tension even. or you could try not making a bracelet and using extra thread you have to practice.

RE: keep getting gaps... :( :( by Olympe 13 years ago

Do you use different kinds of thread? This can be a problem especially if the threads are of different width.

Also, the use of thick threads can be problematical. (I can knot very evenly with thin thread, but thick stuff makes everything look wonky.)

RE: keep getting gaps... :( :( by ElleMay 12 years ago

My trick is when I make my first half of the knot, i pull straight upwards tightly, then I make my second half of my knot.
Before pulling my second half tight, i re-tighten my first half, then tighten the second half.

I am careful with the first 3-4 rows, because my stringd can pull loose, but after a few rows its easier.

Also, always keep your anchor string pulled downward tightly. Your anchor string is the string you are currently tying knots around.

Try this technique, thats what keeps my bracelets tightly woven and nice and straight.I hope I helped!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!