$1911

was donated
RE: Bracelet swapping? by Cherry89 7 years ago

Please do Kleinevos I would love to do an international swap and if i have to i will also look into the cost to ship outside of the U.S or if i could send a self-addressed and stamped envelope :) really excited to see what the next swap will be :)

RE: Bracelet swapping? by Allison98 7 years ago

That's what I was wondering about- self addresses stamped envelopes. I'd be willing to do that as well. Thanks for the info about Canadian postage as well!

RE: Bracelet swapping? by EdBlair 7 years ago

The USA does not sell IRC's (International Reply Coupons) as of January 2013, so that is not a viable option for us to send bracelets to Europe.
If it were hosted here we could redeem them for about $1.15 in postage each, but they are not easily available to send with our outbound bracelets.

RE: Bracelet swapping? by Schneeleopard 7 years ago

That sounds so complicated. Wouldn't it be much more easy with the paypal idea? Everyone who is participaiting donates a litte amount for the cost?

RE: Bracelet swapping? by EdBlair 7 years ago

For reference, the US Postal instructions for IRC's are here.
$1.15 is the current international letter rate for 1 oz (28 g). Bracelet mailings may cost more due either to weight or to non-uniform thickness charges.

RE: Bracelet swapping? by Allison98 7 years ago

For me, rather than Paypal, doing the IRC may be easier. Seeing as I'll have to go to the postal store anyways.

RE: Bracelet swapping? by buddleia 7 years ago

Ok, IRCs may not work for all countries after all.

This site sells Dutch stamps (and from other countries), but the shipping costs to outside Europe is 5 euros. :s

Maybe paypal is the best way?

RE: Bracelet swapping? by kleinevos (moderator) 7 years ago

These stamps all seem to be for use inside the Netherlands, buddleia. I can't use them for international postage. They are more meant as collectors items when you buy them this way.
So far, I can't find any way of buying the international stamps I need from outside of The Netherlands.

RE: Bracelet swapping? by kleinevos (moderator) 7 years ago

This is what I've found:

IRC's are not for sale in The Netherlands anymore after 2002. Since my country is a member of the postal Union it should be possible to exchange IRC's for stamps, ( one international stamp per IRC) but that's not possible in all postal offices. That means I most likely will have to travell to a bigger city, since I live outside a very small village here.
It'll be too much trouble for me to try to exchange them....
It might be easier for Arismende though. I'll put some links here:

countries selling IRC's

info about IRC

RE: Bracelet swapping? by Cherry89 7 years ago

OK? so if people whom live in the U.S. such as myself are wanting to send postage to another country such as the Netherlands how would we go about that since the States doesn't sale or provide IRC? Do we send it through a regular envelope and mail or how does that go about? I'm sorry, I have never done a bracelet swap let alone sent any mail outside of the States so i'm curious of how to do so, for the future bracelet swap and even if i wind up getting to have some pen pals outside of the site

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!