$1911

was donated
RE: Bracelet swapping? by Freigeist 7 years ago

And what if some of us participate for the cost? :) just like for rainbow swap, based on voluntaria

RE: Bracelet swapping? by Arismende 7 years ago

Yes, that would be possible. But most of our mods live in Europe, so it would only make sense for us, when some of the participants will send euros ;)

RE: Bracelet swapping? by kleinevos (moderator) 7 years ago

It's indeed a lot of work to host a swap, and it can be expensive too. PayPal could be used though. If that means we can host swaps more often ....
The Rainbow-swap was one where I didn't have to pay for stamps myself, and it was all because of voluntary gifts :-)

I like Celtic too! And fire and ice could also be very interesting as a theme :-)

How much does it cost you to host a swap? Just to have an idea ^^
The other possibility could be for each of us to send a stamp with our bracelets. It's easy to ask for a foreign stamp in a post office. (to send something back)

As far as I know you can't get Dutch stamps in other countries.

It depends, but most envelopes need 2 stamps of each E1,25, so E2,50 per envelope that I have to mail out. If it's only one bracelet, one stamp is enough.

RE: Bracelet swapping? by Allison98 7 years ago

Maybe we could find out if we can purchase a few Dutch stamps or something like that. :) Canada post didn't mention it on their site though, so I'd have to go in person maybe.
For 0-30 grams here (for a Canadian postage), it costs $2.50 each for international. If it's between 30-50g, it would be $3.60 each.

Not necessarily dutch stamps. I don't know if I'm understandable. For Europe at least, you can ask for a european stamp at the post office. I already did it once when I was a bit younger. I needed to send a letter from Germany to France, but I bought the stamp in France before leaving to Germany.

RE: Bracelet swapping? by buddleia 7 years ago

I would love to see a fire and ice swap (and not because I suggested it :D )! A Celtic pattern swap would be amazing too.

Would it help the mods if for future swaps, the participants sent you a self-addressed envelope? You could tell us what size the envelope should be. Rather than buying Dutch stamps, what if we sent the swap host international reply coupons? Here's Canada Post's information on them. Basically, you buy an IRC from your post office, send it to the recipient, and they exchange the IRC to buy stamps in their country. The sender and recipient's countries have to be members of the Universal Postal Union. It looks like almost all countries are, so everyone who participates in a swap should be able to get an IRC from their post office.

RE: Bracelet swapping? by buddleia 7 years ago

I don't know if that would make it really expensive for people to participate in the swap though. E.g. postage to mail the bracelets, plus cost of the IRC (in Canada an IRC is $7! That's 4.82 euros; does it cost that much to mail 3-4 bracelets to Canada?).

And I don't know the value in stamps of the IRC - i.e. one IRC from Canada = ? amount in Dutch stamps. May be worth it for the mods to investigate?

I'll try to find out more about it. If it's indeed 7 dollars instead of 2,50 in euros, it's much more expensive.
In the past, swaps were often US-only with self addressed and stamped envelopes. For me, it doesn't make any difference if I mail within Europe or outside Europe. Everything outside the Netherlands costs the same.
If stamps are available in other countries, that would be great, but I've never heard about it being possible.
I'll have a look :-)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!