$1911

was donated
RE: Monthly Challenge #13 - July 2014 by elizabeth_s 9 years ago

Ok well I think saying 'far-fetched' is a bit much, but whatever you think is best for the contest as a mod ;)

RE: Monthly Challenge #13 - July 2014 by thematt711 9 years ago

Streamlining the "Monthly Challenge" is not a bad idea. There are only 24 hours in a day. lol...I think we would be able to concentrate on fewer patterns better and the ones that get chosen would be a little more special. A lot of knotters, especially those with shops, usually tie several different versions of a favorite pattern anyway. This also means that if you "link" to a "Monthly" or "Weekly" pattern that the viewer or customer will see a gallery of bracelets to admire and not just one or two samples. :D

RE: Monthly Challenge #13 - July 2014 by Dimitjana 9 years ago

A 38535
Picture is done and uploaded^^

I had a lot of fun with my first alpha and already have a request from a family member for it^^

RE: Monthly Challenge #13 - July 2014 by kleinevos (moderator) 9 years ago

K2245 completed and posted! I'll try to make the other 3 kumis soon....

K4470 and K5544 completed and posted!

RE: Monthly Challenge #13 - July 2014 by Arismende 9 years ago

So - JULY is over and we have a winner for the pattern-of-the-month-challenge :)

Pattern of the month winner is:

- thematt711 - Congratulations! - What a fabulous bracelet!

And I don't want to deprive you from seeing another gorgeous project with this pattern, which has been knotted by our dear fellow mod kleinevos. As you know, mods can't win challenges, but this one is just extraordinary and also has really many likes :)

So, thank you everybody for participating! - You'll find the new monthly challenge in the forum soon :)

Hehe, thanks Arismende ! And congratulations to Matt, it's a very nice bracelet!

RE: Monthly Challenge #13 - July 2014 by Veri 9 years ago

Congrats, kleinevos and Matt! You both really created beautiful pieces of art! <3
But btw, why can't moderators win the 'pattern-of-the month-challenge'? I think it would be fair for everyone, since every user has the same vote. Our moderators really shouldn't miss all the challenging-fun, they also deserve to win from time to time ;)

RE: Monthly Challenge #13 - July 2014 by thematt711 9 years ago

THANK YOU!! <3 They were all GREAT entries this Month!! I can't wait to get started on the next one!! But... Before I do, I need to cure myself of this sudden case of madness that has come over me. The 100th Weekly Pattern "rainbow" madness! There's only 1 cure. Knot Foz's pattern like a crazy fool for a week !! LOL ...Then, it's TACO TIME!! :D

RE: Monthly Challenge #13 - July 2014 by Dimitjana 9 years ago

Congrats to both of you. I really, really adore what you've done - that so amazing
and Matt, I guess we all want to see the end result of the shirt^^

I've gotten a little distracted - started a new job this Monday and so my time follows another schedule^^ - Just love it there.
And I'll sure find time for bracelets - just have to get used to it ;)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!