$1911

was donated
RE: Can I hire someone to make bracelets? by kleinevos (moderator) 10 years ago

Thumbs up Matt !
And back to knotting. ;-)

RE: Can I hire someone to make bracelets? by elizabeth_s 10 years ago

Wow I Love You @thematt711 :D Go into politics!

I think we weren't very rude at all to the OP, I think we were just the right amount of rude.

RE: Can I hire someone to make bracelets? by Arismende 10 years ago

Very well said, Matt. Especially your personal answer to SugarSues with respect to your intuition on how the question is actually worded - it's indeed a question by an adult and therefore the reactions we've had in this thread are legitimate. Not only, but especially point 3 of your answer is very important to me, too. We should rather help to raise the prizes for such good handicrafts and not only think of ourselves in our super-industrialized and over-fullfilled American and European dreams. WE don't do this for living, we are knotting, because it's our choice. I guess I wouldn't love it as much as I do, if I was a 9 year old child in a precarious situation, who has to fight for their every day life; so thank you!

RE: Can I hire someone to make bracelets? by SuesSuggies 10 years ago

I am not even going to respond to that. You have no idea what my situation or intention was, how about trying to figure out what the whole story is before you accuse me? but no, seems like you guys are too good for that.

RE: Can I hire someone to make bracelets? by xXRainbowVeins 10 years ago

What's your story?

I'm not even going to bother with it now, these people are too stuck up to care and I've been bashed enough.

RE: Can I hire someone to make bracelets? by Foz 10 years ago

you've been here for what? two months? as far as I can tell this is the only time you've been active on the site, and you clearly have no idea how close-knit our group is here, and we look out for our members. if you're not ready to hear honest answers you should reconsider asking.

as far as this discussion goes, however, it is over. @SuesSuggies if you have any issues with how things work here, you can pm me, but we needn't bother our uses with any more of this.

Yes I see, you're so "close knit" that anyone new that asks a question gets bashed to smitherines. I didn't say anything offensive or rude, yet all I get are nasty replies. Sounds like you have a great group here...I am quite appalled that any new person gets treated this way regardless of what they ask. It really shows the true colors of the group.

RE: Can I hire someone to make bracelets? by liz010 10 years ago

New people are welcome here :)

RE: Can I hire someone to make bracelets? by Foz 10 years ago

clearly you don't understand the point we're trying to make here -- and also you don't understand the meaning of "this discussion is over". if you had read our Terms of Use you would know that there are moderators on this site who keep an eye on the goings-on here, and make sure no one is being bullied or taken advantage of (and you were quite blatantly doing the latter in your original post).

if you *had* read the Terms of Use, you would also know that discussing admin actions is against them. if all you're going to do is complain how horrid we all are for not letting you bully young people into performing slave labour for you, I can ban you for going against our TOU.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!