$1911

was donated
How to create a pattern WITHOUT getting rejected? by Loki1488 11 months ago

I have not had any luck with creating any patterns which is disappointing because I was psyched to make a custom design bracelet and also because I jumped the gun and was bragging to my friends about how I could make any kind of design they wanted and now they think I was lying to be cool :( I started this thread though to get pointers and advice on what to do and not to do do get a pattern approved by moderators in order to successfully generate the instructions for said pattern. I wish there was a reason for rejection provided when a pattern you design gets rejected to help us know what we did wrong!!! I would upload my rejected pattern but I’m worried if I do then my thread or worse my account might get flagged and removed and I DONT want that to happen! My pattern featured a somewhat controversial symbol that orginally had a positive meaning behind it and still does in many cultures and religions , however, an unnamed country took it out of context and turned it into a very evil one using it in their military uniforms and thus may be the reason mine was rejected. The actual original and in my opinion permanently meaning of the symbol represents good luck and good fortune in life.

RE : How to create a pattern WITHOUT getting rejected? by halokiwi 11 months ago

If you haven't already, I recommend checking this out https://friendship-bracelets.net/faq/view/43

It's the reasons why a pattern can be rejected. Your pattern was most likely rejected for being deemed inappropriate because it included a swastika. You can also always message the moderators and ask them to explain why they declined the pattern.

When you design a pattern in the future, try to keep in mind why your pattern might be potentially declined and avoid those reasons. I have to say that I don't always succeed in getting my patterns posted either, but you'll get the hang of it eventually.

If you want to show your pattern to your friend, you still can by sending them an image of it. You just can't publish the pattern on friendship-bracelets.net

RE : How to create a pattern WITHOUT getting rejected? by kleinevos (moderator) 11 months ago

Hello,
So far you’ve only one rejected (alpha)pattern registered on your account. As halokiwi also said: New swastika-patterns are not allowed anymore. I know that the symbol itself isn’t a bad symbol (for that reason we keep some older patterns with swastikas), but for many people the symbol is too much associated with nazisme. We don’t want drama on our site, which also means we can’t accept new swastika patterns.

RE : How to create a pattern WITHOUT getting rejected? by Celicia (moderator) 11 months ago

Hello
You can see your pending or rejected patterns in your profile, in the "pending" folder with the same format as if it were published, but it will only be visible to you.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!