$1911

was donated
I am looking for a scheme by Chris_Ryan 2 years ago

Hello. I really need help. We need such a scheme, but taking into account the fact that the width of the bracelet should be four centimeters, and not as in the photo. https://www.instagram.com/p/CFnDUvEBv8g/?utm_medium=copy_link

Weave from floss. How many threads is it better to take three or six?

RE : I am looking for a scheme by halokiwi 2 years ago

For a width of 4cm I would need ca. 40 strings in a normal pattern. How many you would need might differ based on the material you are using and your knotting tension.

I'm not entirely sure how many strings have been used in the photo, but I think it was about 20, so you would need to double the pattern.

The pattern is a typical refracted candystripe pattern. The pattern would be too simple to be accepted but what you do is the following:

You always knot in diagonals from the left to the right.

The following is the description what you would need to do to get the exact bracelet in the photo.

Take the left-most string and make 3 b-knots onto it, now make 3 f knots with it, 3 b knots onto it, 3 f knots with it, 3 b knots onto it and 4 f knots with it.

Written out row-by-row the pattern would be the following
b,b,f,b,b,f,b,b,f,f
b,f,f,b,f,f,b,f,f

For a wider bracelet with 40 strings you of course need to do different knots

for 40 strings I recommend in a diagonal 3 b knots, 3 f knots, 3b, 3f, 3b, 3f, 3b, 3f, 3b,3f,3b,3f and 3b

Written out row by row that would be:
b,b,f,b,b,f,b,b,f,b,b,f,b,b,f,b,b,f,b,b
b,f,f,b,f,f,b,f,f,b,f,f,b,f,f,b,f,f,b

Three or six strings would definitely not be enough to make a 4cm width bracelet. 3 or 6 strings would be around half a centimeter.

RE : I am looking for a scheme by Chris_Ryan 2 years ago

OK. Many thanks. I understood.

To clarify about three or six threads: The usual floss in my country consists of six threads and either it is divided into three, forming one thread, or all six are used as one thread.

Can you find out what B and F mean? I understood the principle of weaving, but there is no designation.

In what order is it better to take 40 threads exactly according to the color scheme? I plan on pinning it to a safety pin.

First I need to do this: 3 b knots, 3 f knots, 3b, 3f, 3b, 3f, 3b, 3f, 3b, 3f, 3b, 3f and 3b

And then repeat this? b, b, f, b, b, f, b, b, f, b, b, f, b, b, f, b, b, f, b, b
b, f, f, b, f, f, b, f, f, b, f, f, b, f, f, b, f, f, b

Thank you very much for your reply!

OK. I figured out the designations: B - Backward Forward knot, F - Forward knot. Right?

3 b knots, 3 f knots, 3b, 3f, 3b, 3f, 3b, 3f, 3b, 3f, 3b, 3f and 3b
is when you knot in diagonals. That's called segment-knotting.

b, b, f, b, b, f, b, b, f, b, b, f, b, b, f, b, b, f, b, b
b, f, f, b, f, f, b, f, f, b, f, f, b, f, f, b, f, f, b
is when you knot row-by-row. For the row by row method you pair the strings up in groups of two and make the knots between those strings to make all knots of the first row. Then you pair up the strings for the next row but you leave one string out on either side and make the knots of the second row. This pattern only has two rows so after row 2 you go directly to row 1.

I calculated the amount of strings for 6 strand floss. If you split it, you would need even more strings (not sure how many exactly because I have never made one with split thread).

I'll try to figure the string order out soon. Do you want the same colours as in the photo?

Yes: b-knots are backwards knots and f-knots are forward knots :)

Yes, I want exactly the colors shown in the photo. If it is not difficult for you, I will be very grateful. You are just a miracle. :)

I noticed that the order of the colours in the photo is a bit off. The non-binary flag goes yellow, white, purple, black. In the photo purple and black are switched around.

This is how I would order the strings:
dadadadadadadadadadacbcbcbcbcbcbcbcbcbcb

A is yellow, b is white, c is purple and d is black. If you want the exact order like in the photo, you'll need to switch around purple and black.

I made the diagonals of one colour have the width of ten strings instead of five to adapt to the bigger pattern and to avoid the colours weirdly running into each other.

Many thanks! You helped me a lot! All the best and great happiness to you. You are a beautiful person. :)

You're welcome and thank you to you too! You are very kind :D

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!