$1911

was donated
How to read Name Pattern ( for a bracelet) by Caveladyb 2 years ago

Hey guys, im new to this whole craft. And I just wanted to start out by saying that all of you guys that are making these patterns are AMAZING!! But I was looking for a simple word pattern, couldnt find one and so went to the generator for the Name pattern... and one of the symbols in the pattern is an arrow point staight down... this is the first time ive seen this... could someone please help explain it? I know what the Fwd knot, Bwd knot, etc looks like lol

RE : How to read Name Pattern ( for a bracelet) by halokiwi 2 years ago

There is a technique for two colored alphas where one colour is your leading string and the second colour is your base strings. To make knots of the second colour, you make a knot with a base string onto the leading string. That's what the downwards arrows are. They're just regular f or b knots.

RE : How to read Name Pattern ( for a bracelet) by kleinevos (moderator) 2 years ago

To add to that: It’s always the opposite knot of the knots in the same row made with the leading string. So in a row of forward knots, the downward arrow is a backward knot with the base-string.

RE : How to read Name Pattern ( for a bracelet) by Caveladyb 2 years ago

awesome that yall so much! I understand now. Got another question. Probably a dumb one, but like I said im totally new to this. And I way over think things when I first start out, so it blocks me from being able to figure simple things out sometimes LOL If the 2 color pattern I have calls for 7 base strings ( red) and 1 string for the letters ( white) How so I cut those? I know you take the number of strings needed and divide that by 2 and that number is how many total strings you cut... so for me that number is 3.5.. so do I cut 3 full lengths and then the last one would be the length of the others folded in half??
I hope that makes sense. TIA yall <3

You can make a loop, but you don't need to make one. Only if you do a loop, you need to cut half the amount of strings, but double the length. If you don't make a loop, you can cut the individual strings.

For the leading string I recommend to just leave it on the skein and cut it once you are done because you'll be needing a lot. For the base strings you definitely need less than that, but I'm not sure how much exactly would be good. Maybe someone else knows.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You have helped more than you know <3 Now im gonna go try this LOL Wish me luck :D

Good luck! :D

I tried to make a new post but for some reason not seeing the option, so i will just ask my net question here... when using the name pattern gen. is there away to add more strings to the pattern its self. I am happy with how my bracelet turned out with 7 base strings, But I def think it would look better if I added more strings to make a wider one. and maybe that would make the word/ name bigger as well? I ended up adding the word/ name 3 different times because it was so small. I would like for it to be bigger so that i can put it in the center of the bracelet only

RE : How to read Name Pattern ( for a bracelet) by kleinevos (moderator) 2 years ago

Putting the name in de center only requires more knotted rows before and after the name.
If you want bigger letters you need to search through our patterns. The name generator only makes one simple font.
But we have many patterns of letters/fonts in our pattern section, so you should be able to find what you’re looking for.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!