$1911

was donated
SUMMER 2021 INTERNATIONAL SWAP - SUNSET ON THE BEACH by Anyblia 2 years ago

Hello hellooooo !!
Today is a very special day, as finally… We’re starting a new international swap!
I’ll be your host this Summer, for this incredible sharing event.
You'll send me a number of bracelets, and I'll swap them with bracelets other people send me. You could end up with a bracelet from anywhere in the world!

This Summer’s theme will be sunny, warm and joyful, as it will be…

SUNSET ON THE BEACH !

To meet this theme, you can either use beach-related Alphas, or color schemes reminding you of the beach and of a sunset!

However, there's a number of RULES I want you all to be aware of:

1. Due date for getting my address and getting your bracelets sent in to me is July 31st, especially if you're living outside of Europe.
I live in France, so it will take longer for your bracelets to arrive with me if you're living far away.
I would like to have all bracelets swapped and sent out again mid/end August if everything arrived by then.

I will allow no more than 25 participants, unless you are able to send me stamps or euros for the shipping costs.
I'll keep you updated on how many of you are already joining.

NOTE:You can only join after you've finished your bracelets! Only in the last 2 weeks before the due date I'll count you in if you've finished at least one bracelet so I can be sure you'll definitely join this swap. However, if you don't PM me for my address in time, (which is one day before the due date of July 31st), I can still give your spot to someone else.

2.String amounts per bracelet, total amount of bracelets and strings per person:
-Each bracelet should have at least 10 strings, or 8 (base-)strings for alphas.
-Maximum 100 strings total per person. Alphas will count as 1.3 times the base-string count.
-Maximum 4 bracelets per person, or 5 if you knot at least 2 bracelets smaller than 14 strings (10 for alphas).

*You'll get back (about) as many strings as you've send in.
I always try to swap as fair as possible. That also means short bracelets will count as less than the amount of strings! Please try to knot them no shorter than 13 cm/5 inches!

Example: If you send in two 16-string bracelets, you could get back one 32-string bracelet, or one 10-string and one 22-string bracelet, or one 12-string normal and one 17-string alpha, etc.

If possible, I'll swap alpha-bracelets with other alpha-bracelets.

-No chinese staircase, chevron, candy stripe, vertical wave, wrap bracelets, kumihimos, loomband bracelets etc. please.
-Zolino, ankara, double-double wave are fine.
-Leaves and braided leaves and other similar tutorial-bracelets are also fine, but should have at least 12 strings.
-Shaping is great!
-Avoid beads and charms ! I’ll be sending your bracelets in regular mail, they’ll need to be flat.

4.Measurements:
-Bracelets must have 5-5,5 inches of knotted area ( buckles excluded ) and at least 5 inches of braid, clasp, etc. for tying onto ones wrist. Therefore, it should measure at least 10 inches in total length.

In order for your bracelet to fit anyone elses wrist, it must meet these specifications.
Please don't make the knotted part smaller than 13cm/5 inches, or longer than 15 cm/5,7 inch !

5.Once you have finished your bracelets, send me a PM with pattern-number(s) and amount of strings of the finished bracelet(s), and your address.
*Do not PM me to get my address before your bracelets are completed and ready to send!
*I will not give my address before you've given me pattern-numbers (or names in case of tutorial-bracelets) and string-amounts of the finished bracelets, and your own address.

6. 'Secret Santa'
I will be posting individual pictures of the bracelets sent in. This is a secret-Santa type event, so the people you get your bracelet from will be a mystery. Therefore, please don't post a picture of the bracelet(s) you made. Once I have received all the bracelets I will be taking pictures and uploading them to the "Unknown" account. When you have received your bracelet please go to the corresponding photo and let us know that you got it so the person that made it can let you know. Once the person has said that they were the one to make it, the photo will be transferred to them.

7.If you have any questions left after reading all of the rules of the swap, please feel free to ask!

8. Most important : HAVE FUN ! Happy knotting everyone !

RE : SUMMER 2021 INTERNATIONAL SWAP - SUNSET ON THE BEACH by halokiwi 2 years ago

This sounds super cool and I'd absolutely love to participate! Is it possible to use a pattern not from this site/that doesn't have a tutorial on here or does it have to be from here?

RE : SUMMER 2021 INTERNATIONAL SWAP - SUNSET ON THE BEACH by Anyblia 2 years ago

It is better to use a pattern from our website, but any pattern is fine !

RE : SUMMER 2021 INTERNATIONAL SWAP - SUNSET ON THE BEACH by Anyblia 2 years ago

Remember it’s still time to join :D

RE : SUMMER 2021 INTERNATIONAL SWAP - SUNSET ON THE BEACH by halokiwi 2 years ago

We cannot join yet, right? I'm kind of worried of missing it and then being too late :)

You can join anytime before the 31st of July ;) as soon as your bracelets are ready!

My four bracelets are ready but I am considering doing a fifth one :D

RE : SUMMER 2021 INTERNATIONAL SWAP - SUNSET ON THE BEACH by mayagd 2 years ago

I finished my bracelets and I posted them ! I'm happy to be in the swap :D

RE : SUMMER 2021 INTERNATIONAL SWAP - SUNSET ON THE BEACH by ninickthedemon 2 years ago

Ok I wanna participate!

EXTENDED DEADLINE - You now have two more weeks to join, until August 15th! All the other dates are also postponed 2 weeks later.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!