$1911

was donated
suggestion by Rillmena 3 years ago

I have a suggestion: it would be a good thing if the pattern generator counted the number of knots made with each string, which would make it easier to know the necessary length of each string
sorry for my bad English I have used google translator

RE : suggestion by Anyblia 3 years ago

This feature wouldn’t be efficient actually.
The number of knots in a pattern varies, as well as in a full length bracelet
Also, you do more or less repetitions of a pattern depending on the type of strings you use, not everyone uses embroidery floss, and strings can be thicker or thinner.
Hope it helped,
Anyblia

RE : suggestion by Rillmena 3 years ago

I am aware of this, but since in the patterns there is always a part that is repeated, my suggestion is to count the knots in a repetition, I am currently making a series of bracelets with the same thread, and I am counting the knots of a repetition and thus I calculate the length of each thread

RE : suggestion by kleinevos (moderator) 3 years ago

It sounds like a good way to find out how much string you need, but in many patterns you also have same colored strings crossing, which means that you can choose whichever knot you like. If the pattern says backward knot, and you are doing a forward knot instead, it would mean a different knot count for these strings. Meaning it is very hard to really make this feature very useful, next to the other issues Anyblia already mentioned.

RE : suggestion by Rillmena 3 years ago

You're right, and that works when a thread is running short and you can exchange it with another of the same color and longer, but it is working for me so as not to waste thread, I understand that it must be very difficult to modify the code so that it can do what I have suggested, I will continue to do it manually, thank you very much.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!