$1911

was donated
Skulls? by SolusUmbra 3 years ago

I’ve seen patterns with pumpkins and yin yangs, is there one will something that looks like a skull?
Thanks.

RE : Skulls? by Dai 3 years ago

Type "skull" in the search bar, you have plenty of options! :D

RE : Skulls? by SolusUmbra 3 years ago

Tried the search but I guess I should of been more specific and said I was looking for it as a Kumihimo pattern. (Which I didn’t see any in the search) Sorry only one day into the hobby.

RE : Skulls? by kleinevos (moderator) 3 years ago

I don’t think we have a kumihimo skull pattern. I also think it would be difficult to make a nice skull pattern. But you could try designing one :-)

K9608 has the keyword, but I don’t think it will really look like skulls when braided.

I tried and this is the best I could do:

Took me a second but I see the little skulls haha thank you!

Skulls need more dots than possible in a (round) kumihimo. That’s why it’s so hard to make a good pattern for it. I’ll braid this one and we’ll see how it comes out....

Oh I didn’t know that pattens could be different for flat ones! Is there a generator/website somewhere for flat ones?

https://craftdesignonline.com/kumihimo/kongoh-gumi-friendship-bracelets/
This website has generators for different types of kumihimo, but I don’t think you’ll find one that can generate a nice skull pattern. I think it will only be possible in kumihimos made on a takadai and I’ve never seen a generator for that. But there’s much more to learn about kumihimo than I know of!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!