$1911

was donated
Thread color changer by Neva 3 years ago

What happened to the page where you could digitally change the colors on a pattern to see what it would potentially look like? I just get an error whenever I try to access the page now?

RE : Thread color changer by kleinevos (moderator) 3 years ago

It is disabled for regular users, because we had too many copied patterns coming in. I hope we will find a solution for this soon.

RE : Thread color changer by Neva 3 years ago

Darn!! I loved that tool. Thanks kleinevos!

RE : Thread color changer by linzpods 3 years ago

Is there a way to only save a pattern to our account instead of publishing it for everyone to see? That would probably stop a lot of the duplication posts.

RE : Thread color changer by Celicia (moderator) 3 years ago

At the moment there is no possibility of doing it (and I don't think it can happen anytime soon). If you want, you can use the generator and without saving them, take a screenshot and save them on your device for your personal use. This is what most users do.

Celicia, thanks for the response! I do that method now, but it does get confusing to follow the original pattern if I use different colors. Maybe a color changer could still be implemented so that users are able to just take the screenshot of the pattern with the new color scheme or save the image but cannot publish it to the site?

RE : Thread color changer by kleinevos (moderator) 3 years ago

That’s what we would like too. It’s the webmaster who has to implement that, and he’s too busy to work on updates lately, unfortunately....

RE : Thread color changer by Celicia (moderator) 3 years ago

Tip: I know it's not ideal, but you can also print the pattern in gray and then color it in or just follow the knots so you don't get confused. (in the task bar of the pattern you have a "gray" button to switch between color and gray mode). I recognize that when the gray is very dark it is difficult to color it, but it is the only thing I can think of now to make it easier for you to read the pattern with other colors.

Thank you for the suggestion! I know things are pretty tough right now, so no rush at all. I've been a lurker on thkis site for a few years and I finally made an account because I really appreciate the little community and the creativity of the people who use it. I am so glad this site exists as it is today and I am very excited to see what it might turn into in the future!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!