$1911

was donated
Editing patterns after rejection by zoeyllm 3 years ago

Hi, it would be really helpful if after you create a pattern and it gets rejected, you could edit it instead of having to create an entire new pattern. Also, it would be really helpful if you could tell us why the patterns are rejected, like they do on braceletbook.com, so that it is easier to fix patterns so that they can be accepted.

RE : Editing patterns after rejection by kleinevos (moderator) 3 years ago

Hello,
Each rejected pattern will have some explanations in the description box. It has the link to the faq, where most reasons are mentioned. ( https://friendship-bracelets.net/faq/view/43 )
If the pattern is too similar to other existing patterns it will also have the number(s) of these patterns in the description box.

About the first question: We received many copied patterns. It was too easy to edit an existing pattern and then save it. It happened too often that these patterns were too similar to the ‘base-pattern’. That is the reason that we decided it was better to delete that option for users. If less people would save patterns that are too similar, or even the same as, existing patterns, we wouldn’t have to delete that option.

RE : Editing patterns after rejection by zoeyllm 3 years ago

@kleinevos what I mean is it would be easier if you could edit the patterns after they get rejected so that they are not copies, have better colors, etc.

RE : Editing patterns after rejection by kleinevos (moderator) 3 years ago

That’s not much different from what I meant. Most patterns that are rejected will not be accepted with a few small changes. If patterns have mistakes, or a bad structure, we will always fix that before accepting. That’s not a reason for rejecting a pattern.
New patterns need to be different enough to accept them. Not only the colors, an extra border or a few extra or less rows, but the design needs to be really different enough.
I agree that it is much easier to be able start from a base-pattern instead of from scratch, but as I explained above, that lead to too many (almost) copied patterns.

RE : Editing patterns after rejection by zoeyllm 3 years ago

What you're saying makes sense. I understand where you are coming from.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!