$1911

was donated
Ending and Beginning Kumihimo bracelets by WaymanGirl 4 years ago

Hi everyone!
I really enjoy making Kumihimo braided bracelets out of embroidery floss but I can’t seem to find a way to start and end them without glue and a cap. I want to be able to end them with string and maybe a button. Any ideas would be really great. Thank you !!

RE : Ending and Beginning Kumihimo bracelets by halokiwi 4 years ago

You could do a big knot with all your strings at the points you start and end with the kumihimo technique. Before and after that you leave some extra string. You could do twisted ties or braided ties. You can even start with a loop.

RE : Ending and Beginning Kumihimo bracelets by Anyblia 4 years ago

I usually tie a nkot with all my strings, make a few row of chinese staircase, and then begin my kumihimo. In the end, I carefully remove my kumi from the disk, tie again a few rows of chinese staircase, untie the big knot in the beginning and make my braids.

We have several tutorials on beginning and ending bracelets, especially kumihimos.
Kleinevos created a very nice one you can access Here :)

RE : Ending and Beginning Kumihimo bracelets by WaymanGirl 4 years ago

Thank you so much!! I’m going to have to check them out !!!

RE : Ending and Beginning Kumihimo bracelets by ashleynicole 4 years ago

What I do is I make twisted ties. The youtuber Masha Knots has a tutorial for them, and they're really pretty and easy. I make the tie, do the kumihimo braid, tie a knot to secure it, and make another tie. It's really simple and looks nice.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!