$1911

was donated
need help with rainbow pattern by whredna 5 years ago

hello, i just find nice bracelet in google and try to find out how to make these but since now i failed. do any1 have idea how to make bracelet like this one?
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1920&bih=888&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=J4xuXK-eE9GprgS17J_wAw&q=t%C4%99czowa+bransoletka+z+muliny&oq=t%C4%99czowa+bransoletka+z&gs_l=img.1.0.0i24.10652.11159..12027...0.0..0.67.130.2......1....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i30.lOtdVtFsxag#imgdii=3Ivb9qqXt3wblM:&imgrc=BxU4Y3qaZt0iMM:

i will be very grateful for any help.

RE: need help with rainbow pattern by kleinevos (moderator) 5 years ago

The link leads to a page with many different bracelets. Which one do you mean?

RE: need help with rainbow pattern by whredna 5 years ago

sorry i mean this one
https://img-ovh-cloud.szafa.pl/ubrania/0/026763296/1369506919.jpg

That?s alternating diagonals of straight candystripe and backward-forward or forward-backward knots.
Like in #61473 but only half of that. So not in chevron style, but in candystripe style.

RE: need help with rainbow pattern by whredna 5 years ago

thx for your answer :) it helped a lot :)

RE: need help with rainbow pattern by EdBlair 5 years ago

Actually it looks simpler than pattern #61473.
The pictured bracelet has 11 colors and therefore 22 strings.
Imagine doing a regular candystripe only each stripe is two strings wide.
That is it consists of pairs of diagonal stripes of the same color.
In a normal candy stripe you would use the same type of knot (fk or bk) for all of the stripes.
But in this bracelet the first stripe of each color is, say, a forward knot which shows as a line of that color.
The second "stripe" will consist of backward knots where the string you are "knotting" is the hidden string in each knot and what is visible are the other strings that are going diagonally the other way.

RE: need help with rainbow pattern by ribbitfrog 5 years ago

Try 36814

You are right! It?s not fb- or bf-knots, but just like #36814 :-) My mistake ...... ;-)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!