$1911

was donated
bracelet block by mbmb111 5 years ago

what to do when you have it, i had it this week and it sucks, its when you cant knot &your knots look bad. it like artist for bracelets

RE: bracelet block by EdBlair 5 years ago

If your problem is that being stressed out and over anxious is causing you to not perform as well as you used to, then sometimes taking a break and doing something else can help clear your mind.
Then come back after a day or a week and start with a simple pattern to regain your confidence.

If you are having trouble getting started with bracelet knotting, then similarly, start with relaxing your mind and body. Do your knotting carefully and deliberately.
By that I mean watch yourself as you knot and keep track of how you are looping and tensioning your strings. Note carefully how the different elements effect the size, shape, position, and texture of each knot, and how the knots fit together.
This will feel unnatural at first. As you gain experience it will get easier and become part of your background knotting technique that does not require much conscious thought.

If you have any specific technical questions, please ask.

RE: bracelet block by mbmb111 5 years ago

i've made bracelets for years, and probably every 2 months i cant knot for a week and thats what i do stop for a week and come back with a easy pattern. it's like artist block. i wanted to see what other people do. and thanks

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!