$1911

was donated
Tips for tying bracelet faster? by Rururong 5 years ago

Are there any easy to understand explanation about tips to tying bracelet faster? It'll also be good if there are guide pictures or videos.

I actually still taking a long time to tie a simple or alpha pattern... my fastest time is around 2-3 days doing for 1 bracelet, and i did that from morning till evening lol. (T-T)

RE: Tips for tying bracelet faster? by kleinevos (moderator) 5 years ago

This is the best tutorial we have :
A faster way to tie .
It is only for normal patterns. Alphas are always knotted row by row, so you cannot knot them another way. What you can do is tie with the base-strings and flip the knots, like in tatting, so the actual knot is still made with the knotting string, as usual. That is what I do most of the time.
The only other way is to practice a lot!

Alphas always take a lot of time btw :-)

RE: Tips for tying bracelet faster? by Rururong 5 years ago

Whoa thank you! Need to practice a lot for the tips too so i can get used to it. (*-*)

i still don't really understand and imagine the tips for alpha, tho.. What do you mean by flipping the know? Maybe i should look at how to do tatting first. XD; and i think i understand why Alphas take more time than patterns. :D

You make the first half knot with the wrong string, then pull that string so the knot flips, then do the same with the second half. The advantage is that you knot with the shorter base-strings instead of having to move the bobbin with the long knotting-string. That saves a little bit time. :-)

RE: Tips for tying bracelet faster? by Rururong 5 years ago

Ooh!! Sounds tricky, but interesting. Gonna try that method when i have the time, and if i'm liking it, i'm gonna practice it. Thank you! :D

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!